Review Demo impressions thread

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It went downwards and hit the wickets :p

Thats it for one evening, think I better get off the xbox else I'll be shouted at!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That was one hell of a post! And to make this not spam, i'll have to add a bit more.
So far, all the positive reviews and hype is really looking good, and i can't wait to buy it.
Whats everybodies views on the commentary? I thought it was really dull, and re-used even fro 05. Not cool. What do you guys think?

Yeps, commentary sounds same old, same old. Don't really care to be honest.

I have just watched one of the videos and I have to say, the game looks amazing. When I first saw it, I had to look closely to see if it was real cricket or not! Also, the attention to detail is amazing!! The scoreboard shown on the big screen, not hidden in a menu somewhere, the SIX appearing on the board and much more. I just can't wait to see this on PC - and I really hope it has the same level of detail in it...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

It went downwards and hit the wickets :p

Thats it for one evening, think I better get off the xbox else I'll be shouted at!

I'm getting that with the PC right now!!! :D

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Yeps, commentary sounds same old, same old. Don't really care to be honest.

I have just watched one of the videos and I have to say, the game looks amazing. When I first saw it, I had to look closely to see if it was real cricket or not! Also, the attention to detail is amazing!! The scoreboard shown on the big screen, not hidden in a menu somewhere, the SIX appearing on the board and much more. I just can't wait to see this on PC - and I really hope it has the same level of detail in it...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

I'm getting that with the PC right now!!! :D

Awesome! Give me the link to this video, sounds awesome!

MasterBlaster09

School Cricketer
I played the demo in Canada,
Game is really fun!
I particularly enjoy the fact that the ball doesn't always race to the fence. The way to catch is just marvelous. Bowling makes you feel like you have more control. Batting is more enjoyable as there is more shot selection. The bad news is that the commentary is the same and really boring. Overall the game is exciting and realistic.

drew_3

School Cricketer
wow just had a direct hit!!others may have had this, but i have never seen it in a video game.

Sureshot

Executive member
Can people please not post the same video over and over again? It's a bit tedious when there are 3-4 posts in a row, all containing the same video.

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Sorry dude, but MasterBlasters76 video sounded like one that hadn't been posted up here.

graham

Club Captain
hi been playing for a hour or so i am enjoying this very much and can not wait for ps3 which i find the controls much better,
just a couple of things there will be better and choice of cameras angles in full game i hope,
the AI in this DEMO is looking a bit dodgy , i hope it is because its in early part of development or its a test match and its only 3 overs long .
Any of the pc people who tested the game have a view on the demo next to the one they tested :onpc

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Youtube it or rapidshare.

Did you manage to record the catching system?

Sorry I couldn't but what I did in the video was:
1. Bowled first over as well as I could.
2. Bowled the second and third over purposely with lot of no balls and bad balls as I in previous trials some bad balls were hit straight at the fielder and thus it brings in the catching system.
3. Wanted to chase over 30 but in the end got to chase 35 of 3 overs.

Batting:

1. In the first over played as many rash shots and crap shots as I could just to show you guys some edges and wickets.
2. Ran horribly.
3. Second and third over I tried to chase down the total seriously which I missed by 2 runs.
4. This is my first defeat in the demo also in previous tries I bowled properly like I did in the first over not that well but was going at only 5-6 RPO.

There are a few close run out appeals and I have recorded the game from beginning where they introduce the stadium and stuff the quality isn't that good but hope u guys like it. I m posting it on megashares as I am a premium member on it and also you can download more than 100mbs for free whereas rapdishare doesn't allow it. Also for some reason youtube keeps giving me an error.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Is it possible for anyone to post a vid showing what stats are included in the demo? (if any). In that latest interview the guy said theres wagonwheels and all sorts in it...is this in the demo?

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Sorry I couldn't but what I did in the video was:
1. Bowled first over as well as I could.
2. Bowled the second and third over purposely with lot of no balls and bad balls as I in previous trials some bad balls were hit straight at the fielder and thus it brings in the catching system.
3. Wanted to chase over 30 but in the end got to chase 35 of 3 overs.

Batting:

1. In the first over played as many rash shots and crap shots as I could just to show you guys some edges and wickets.
2. Ran horribly.
3. Second and third over I tried to chase down the total seriously which I missed by 2 runs.
4. This is my first defeat in the demo also in previous tries I bowled properly like I did in the first over not that well but was going at only 5-6 RPO.

There are a few close run out appeals and I have recorded the game from beginning where they introduce the stadium and stuff the quality isn't that good but hope u guys like it. I m posting it on megashares as I am a premium member on it and also you can download more than 100mbs for free whereas rapdishare doesn't allow it. Also for some reason youtube keeps giving me an error.

Thanks mate, well done. Maybe tomorrow could you get a really quick video of the catching system? Much obliged (:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread