Review Demo impressions thread

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
anyone noticed that if you make the batsmen return to crease halfway through a run, they never dive

FitzNugly

School Cricketer
Graphics -

I quite liked the look of it initially but the animations are a bit weird and the crowd looks awful, really not sufficient for a next gen console I am afraid.

Batsmen at the crease look quite realistic during run up - the bowler action is not so good.

Gameplay -

Took some getting use to but fairly promising although I was conceeding around 15 - 20 runs per over no matter where I bowled - I hope this is due to the AI playing a 3 over innings but I remember bowling being really tough in BL07 no matter what form of the game.

I also hate the way every shot I play across the ground (no matter how well timed simply stops about a yard before the rope.

Overall ratings

Graphics - 6
Gameplay - 7

I will be buying this game, no doubt about it, but I hope the finished product is a bit more polished.

dajesmac

Club Captain
I thought the crowd looked okay from the videos, you could see a lady standing up and clapping after a boundary and it looked really good.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Graphics -

I quite liked the look of it initially but the animations are a bit weird and the crowd looks awful, really not sufficient for a next gen console I am afraid.

Batsmen at the crease look quite realistic during run up - the bowler action is not so good.

Gameplay -

Took some getting use to but fairly promising although I was conceeding around 15 - 20 runs per over no matter where I bowled - I hope this is due to the AI playing a 3 over innings but I remember bowling being really tough in BL07 no matter what form of the game.

I also hate the way every shot I play across the ground (no matter how well timed simply stops about a yard before the rope.

Overall ratings

Graphics - 6
Gameplay - 7

I will be buying this game, no doubt about it, but I hope the finished product is a bit more polished.

Lets nnot get picky about the look of the crowd - it takes up a lot of processing power, so i aint bothered.

What does bother me is the ball stopping inside the boundary.....

Basically, instead of making the AI better, the 'difficulty' setting has been done by adding on ratings on easy mode, and reducing them on hard mode.

So on hard you get poorer rated bowlers and batsmen who dont have the power to hit it to the boundary. Anyone else noticed this?

graham

Club Captain
Having played demo to death I think we are going to have a good cricket game at last.

Have noticed that the weather and conditions do affect bounce and swing.

We have been told there is more camera angles and bowlers speeds are fixed.
I hope the ps3 version is a touch brighter to see the ball in the field.

The loopy bounce has gone , would like to see 90 mph coming through a bit quicker , but that might happen on dryer wickets .

There is a lot to be positive about ac9 and lets remember this is just a early demo of 3 overs game , I am sure there is lot more in the full game for us all to see.

sam1013

School Cricketer
I just played two hook strokes - so the AI reacted by putting two on the hook. I thought this was really good.

Also the bowlers go to yorkers in the last over and the AI batsman are more defensive at the start

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I think the same happen with BLIC 2007 but I am keeping fingers crossed. So far ther is 65% positive and 35% negative abt this game imo.

You haven't been reading this thread have you? Its about 90% positive, and 5% negetive, the other 5% is idiots who wan't this game to be to the standard of Fifa, which it isn't, but can be in a few years with our help (as its obvious that the Transmission guys lurk ;))

Users who are viewing this thread