[HELP] Can I trust this website

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Codies hardly respond to it :( Any mod who can confirm this??

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well you can always claim back your money from credit card company. But I will say wait for physical game. Lets face it, there is nothing that great in game that you cannot wait a little more.

P

pcfan123

Well you can always claim back your money from credit card company. But I will say wait for physical game. Lets face it, there is nothing that great in game that you cannot wait a little more.

lol agreed but seriously, why the hell would codemasters not tell us about this. All the people sitting at home waiting for their PC versions to be delivered could have just downloaded it!

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I found the link again If any of you wanna' read some reports about the site. Click here. Read some posts about their purchases.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
lol agreed but seriously, why the hell would codemasters not tell us about this. All the people sitting at home waiting for their PC versions to be delivered could have just downloaded it!

Yeah first thing which pops up when we download "legally", is the CD key issue, do they really forward a legal key?

P

pcfan123

After reading those reviews I highly doubt it is legit. Either way sending an email to Codemasters, we will find out soon enough.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Assuming it really is affiliated with metaboli, the site SEEMS to be legit. Has anyone ever used it?
I am afraid I am a bit reluctant to hand over my hard-earned yen just in case they are scammers.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How about this scenario? Gameplanet got some distributing rights & they putting the game in their server, from where it can be obtained like how it's mentioned for certain money. In this case, codies have no role to play apart from granting the distribution rights.

Just my guess. :p

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Thanks guys I am staying away from it. I can definitely wait it out. Just don't want to be scammed.

P

pcfan123

How about this scenario? Gameplanet got some distributing rights & they putting the game in their server, from where it can be obtained like how it's mentioned for certain money. In this case, codies have no role to play apart from granting the distribution rights.

Just my guess. :p

I would guess that the distribution clauses are drawn up by corporate attorneys who would aim to stop exactly this kind of thing. Hopefully CodeMasters replies to my email

The reviews for the site did not sound too promising though!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
The only thing is concerning me is the size they mentioned. I heard its around 2.5 gb :o They are mentioning its 1.75 Gb

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
McAfee approved site. But I trust Direct2Drive more than any other direct game download service. And they dont have this game.

P

pcfan123

The only thing is concerning me is the size they mentioned. I heard its aroiund 2.5 gb :o They are mentioning its 1gb

Good point, and I think it is notable cheaper than buying from an online retailer.
There is no way that Codemasters Marketing could be so stupid as to not tell the millions of people in India and the ROW that this game can be downloaded so no worries about whether or not it releases in your area.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would guess that the distribution clauses are drawn up by corporate attorneys who would aim to stop exactly this kind of thing. Hopefully CodeMasters replies to my email

The reviews for the site did not sound too promising though!

Well, the case which I mentioned is unlikely to happen though unless the publisher is the newbie to the gaming arena. But was just my guess ;) After seeing WC's post of 1 GB size? :sarcasm Nice! What a scam! :banana2

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
1750 MB file size is not inconceivable if its compressed. If I can confirm this site is not just a pretty scam site, I am very tempted to get this now as I have no idea how long it will take for my ps3 version to arrive. I suppose another concern is that it might not play well with patches, from PC or codies.

Users who are viewing this thread