Mar 25 - South Africa v New Zealand (Quarter-Final 3)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What the duck are the kiwis doing? Why are they not playing shots its 44 overs 5 wickets in hand and oram and vettori to come but tweaking they are playing stupid cricket

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Thats the problem there is no one else. Hes gotten too comfortable and will come out of this WC with an average of 50 and he'll think hes done alright.

Didn't know you could read minds.

Really, for me, I would've sent Oram out before Williamson. And then if anyone got out, chuck Vettori out there next. He's batting far too slowly. 280 was long gone as a target, now even 250 is looking unlikely. 220-230 would be a bit more realistic. Williamson needs to up the scoring rate.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha and as soon as you say that he sacks a six :p

ferg512

International Coach
Disappointing knock there from N.McCullum one of the few occasions lately hes failed at the end of the innings.

----------

Really, for me, I would've sent Oram out before Williamson. And then if anyone got out, chuck Vettori out there next. He's batting far too slowly. 280 was long gone as a target, now even 250 is looking unlikely. 220-230 would be a bit more realistic. Williamson needs to up the scoring rate.

I still dont understand why we send Oram in at 8 or 9, he can still be really valuable as we saw vs. Pakistan and usually needs some time to get in. Number 6 is probably too late for Williamson, this is the exact situation we need Oram in now.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Well more of those would be lovely.

Off to bed now. Expect to wake up and read the news and see the headline: 'de Villiers, Amla send Kiwis packing' or something along that line. Boy wouldn't it be nice to be wrong...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
12 balls left.. 230 still on card with 1 power play over

Chewie

BCCI President
Vettori must be a pain to bowl to, shuffling all over the crease. I would have preferred Southee to come in to be honest

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Go back to NewZealand and play only domestic cricket.. Don't understand Vettoris captaincy.. He decurds to bat first on a pitch which has always supported batting second team..

Chewie

BCCI President
Southee under the lights will be a handful. And South Africa have a history of chasing poorly

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand really let themselves down. This doesn't even feel like it's a quarter-final.

Chewie

BCCI President
New Zealand really let themselves down. This doesn't even feel like it's a quarter-final.

At least it's not as bad as West Indies. I feel we do have a chance. It seems a tough wicket.

----------

We're the first team in the WC not to have been bowled out by SA haha

Chewie

BCCI President
hmm going to bed now. Will be interesting to see what I wake up to :p I can see it either being a huge winning margin or a small one - no middle ground.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
One good thing that New Zealand accomplished: they didn't get bowled out like the previous opponents of South Africa in this World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread