Mar 26 - Sri Lanka v England (Quarter-Final 4)

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He wasn't top scorer so "best batsman" is your conjecture, and just because he scored some runs last match doesn't mean he is good enough. Time will tell, but then I can tell what you consider most important by your username.

Wright added near on 100 runs with the tail, getting half of them. Without him, we wouldn't be in a World Cup quarter final, it's that simple. I fail to see how you cannot see that. It's quite simple, he was the key.

Personal attacks coming though, good to see your argument about Wright had so much depth that you needed to resort to that. :rolleyes

Owzat

International Coach
Best of luck to the English, hopefully they shall make this toss count .

101/3 at no great rate, not a lot of batting to come with out of form Prior, Luke 'done very little in ODIs' Shight, Swann, inexperienced Tredwell, not doing much with the bat Bresnan and Tremlett to come. I was thinking before the game started that I would perhaps go with five spinners if I was Sri Lanka, they haven't varied from that thought much.

Trott is probably the key, if England get to 220+ then I think they'll have a chance but the batting is lightweight so I'm not anticipating Sri Lanka will be troubled much.

Knocking over West Indies is nothing compared to the size of this task, not that you can tell some people that :facepalm

----------

Wright added near on 100 runs with the tail, getting half of them. Without him, we wouldn't be in a World Cup quarter final, it's that simple. I fail to see how you cannot see that. It's quite simple, he was the key.

I didn't say he didn't do well, I said he ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. "I fail to see how you cannot see that". Of course perhaps you don't realise that West Indies are a completely different proposition to Sri Lanka on their own turf :rolleyes

But never mind, his 44 in ONE match will carry him through forever more

Personal attacks coming though, good to see your argument about Wright had so much depth that you needed to resort to that. :rolleyes

Rich coming from the person who needed to call someone an 'idiot' :rolleyes:facepalm:lol

Look up "irony"

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Do you understand how a squad works? You said drop Wright, so what, play Collingwood? Good idea that, drop a batsman in form, for one who's struggling and plays in a completely different style. Or did you want to bring Anderson in to bat at 7? :rolleyes

----------

By the way, the idiot bit was about your cricket views. It makes a lot more sense that going 'you support them so ner-ner' like a little child.

Owzat

International Coach
Do you understand how a squad works? You said drop Wright, so what, play Collingwood? Good idea that, drop a batsman in form, for one who's struggling and plays in a completely different style. Or did you want to bring Anderson in to bat at 7? :rolleyes

Wright came in, scored 44, and apparently that is "form". Who's to say Collingwood who is a better bowler, may be out of form but then Wright was hardly a run machine before his 44 :rolleyes, couldn't just as easily contribute more.

Anyway, best I walk away from your tedious one dimensional arguing as I did say to one mod that I walk away from arguments as they ruin a good discussion. Notch yourself up a "victory" if it makes you feel better, I "concede" :wave

darthlewis1

Club Captain
lol Trott is the leading run scorer in the world cup, I put all my vcash on Trott being the leading run scorer before the wc started.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Wright came in, scored 44, and apparently that is "form". Who's to say Collingwood who is a better bowler, may be out of form but then Wright was hardly a run machine before his 44 :rolleyes, couldn't just as easily contribute more.

Anyway, best I walk away from your tedious one dimensional arguing as I did say to one mod that I walk away from arguments as they ruin a good discussion. Notch yourself up a "victory" if it makes you feel better, I "concede" :wave

Wright is a number 7. Collingwood is a middle order batsman, not suited to batting at number 7, get that.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Well if they don't lose a wicket till 44tth over then there is a possibility of their getting over 250 and i think they can defend it

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
We just need to get 250, as that's very defendable on this surface. Bounce looks like it's going to be a bit up and down, which may suit Tremlett.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Oh my god :eek:

Never seen such a fielding from Sri Lanka and even not seen such an open reaction from Murali.

England has better chance to score 250 here. :clap

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wow, this is some terrible terrible fielding. 3 absolute dollies dropped, and another slightly tougher chance. Sanga missed a tough reverse sweep chance too..

Hope England cash in.

Users who are viewing this thread