Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Franklin's batting average at six is only 25 in eight innings, which for a batting all-rounder/batsman who bowls really isn't good enough.

He's had enough chances in pretty much every role, opening bowler, bowling all-rounder, genuine all-rounder, batting all-rounder, so I just think its time that they stop persisting with him in the test game.

Even more so because we don't have a test for a while, so I think they should get someone fresh in there.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Astle's batting > Beard's batting by quite a bit as well. And Beard bowls the same types as Vettori so I can't see them playing in the same team.

Arnel is a solid domestic player. Lots of players around his speed do well in domestic level, but aren't really up to it internationally.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I think it is the same case with guys like Mason and Aldridge. I think it is good though that most of those medium pacers are the older guys and the newer younger players are understanding you must have a bit of pace to compete once you get to higher levels. I don't mean they need to be 145ks but seeing guys like Arnel and Franklin bowling low 120s with the wind wasn't encouraging.

Chewie

BCCI President
Martin's not much faster to be perfectly honest :p

ferg512

International Coach
Martin's not much faster to be perfectly honest :p

Dont be too harsh he was in the high 120s :p

But seriously, is it time for Martin to retire?? I'm pretty disappointed he couldn't get the 200 because thats probably why he keeps going. I heard Smithy say he could keep going till the home series against SA but that is way too far off. Hes not bowling great but who else would come in for him? Wagner isn't available for like another year I think...

Chewie

BCCI President
Trent Boult

I don't mind Martin staying on a bit longer, if Arnel goes.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Martin wasn't that bad, with the new ball he was impressive, but he seemed to struggle with the older ball. The same can be said about Southee.

Chewie

BCCI President
Southee was just plain unlucky I feel. He was the best bowler for us, though Martin continued his trend of playing well in Wellington.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm kind of hoping he doesn't go. I don't think our batting order would ever be the same :(

Trent Boult definitely, but I would like him to have maybe another year of 4 day cricket. Although, there is like 7 four day games left this season I think, which is pretty much a full season anyway.

Chewie

BCCI President
I love watching Martin bat because it's just so hilarious. Two of my favourite players to watch bat play at 9 and 11 for NZ :/

ferg512

International Coach
The thing i love about it is that it doesn't matter if we are 90-9 when Martin comes in it cheers everybody up. Its a crack up how hes always got that same smirk on his face every time he bats.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Admittedly I was calling for Martin to be shown the door/retire after the Australia test series I think it was. If he can keep bowling how he did in this series in domestic cricket I'd be happy for him to play another series. He deserves that 200th wicket and really there isn't anyone better going around right now, a long time between now and our next test series though.

Well Dan's stepped down from test captaincy...

Users who are viewing this thread