Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

asheswonder

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well my pc did not meet the minimum requirements but it plays the game fine.

mine wont even load the steam demo, screen goes blank and my CPU usage goes mad! would love to play it dont get me wrong (would a low spec vid card make the demo do this anyone?)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ah ok cheers. By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the Xbox Marketplace works like that. I think i've known things to be added at many different times, often taking people by surprise. Could be wrong though.

Yeah: I'm not a million percent on this so didn't want to say for sure: It's been a while since I dealt with either marketplace.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I was one of a few who had access to the PC pre-release beta, SO; Anyone who has a problem... COME AT ME, BRO. Cause I failed you, Apparently. I don't have 100 friends on Steam, cause I'm often found outside the house. If anyone has an issue with the beta testing, fire shots my way, certainly nothing to do with Big Ant Studios or whatever conspiracy theory the crazy folk are coming up with now...

Yeah Biggs , I for one was not talking about the Pre-release Beta PC Version that we all envied the bigwigs at PlanetCricket for. Your "testing" of this Beta was well documented in the last couple of Weeks.

I was referring to the Pre-release Beta Testing before the Console Version got released. Because you , like myself , picked issues up within the first day of playing the Console version , hence I suggested that this route is taken in the future to try and minimise those pesky bugs before they hit the poor old Console Peasant.

We must wait MUCH MUCH longer for the antidotes to be delivered for the infections to go away than the high class uber PC Class.;);)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah Biggs , I for one was not talking about the Pre-release Beta PC Version that we all envied the bigwigs at PlanetCricket for. Your "testing" of this Beta was well documented in the last couple of Weeks.

I was referring to the Pre-release Beta Testing before the Console Version got released. Because you , like myself , picked issues up within the first day of playing the Console version , hence I suggested that this route is taken in the future to try and minimise those pesky bugs before they hit the poor old Console Peasant.

We must wait MUCH MUCH longer for the antidotes to be delivered for the infections to go away than the high class uber PC Class.;);)

Understand to some extent however the issues found on PC so far have not been the same as those on Console (100+ friends etc...), but there are some similarities for sure.

The "PC Class" also had to wait two months later than you did to play the game :)

adikal

Club Captain
Understand to some extent however the issues found on PC so far have not been the same as those on Console (100+ friends etc...), but there are some similarities for sure.

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what the bug is that has to do with having 100+ friends? It sounds so bizarre. What has it got to do with the core game playing experience?

Also it just seems like such a weird outlier for them to be holding things back. I mean what next - test with someone who has 10K friends?

Last edited:

husain geek

School Cricketer
A PS3 friend of mine told me tonight that he finds it easy to get high scores in career mode because the fielding 'follows the last ball'. I see no reason he'd lie to me and I have watched him get pretty high scores in his career games.

Put simply, he says if you drive to cover, the AI moves a fielder over there. You just look where he came from and aim there with your next shot and so on.

Now, maybe he is just really good at the game, because I can't bat for dingo droppings and especially can't aim that precisely, but it certainly works for him. He's in his second career year and expects an England call-up with 1900 runs scored, 5 of them centuries.

By batting is improving with around a 40 avg but my bowling is good. Just got a ten wicket haul in an innings.

I even played three test matches for India.

Then the most horrible thing happened. I accidentally deleted my career. That's why I'm waiting for the patch so that I can start from the age of 31 and be very close to national selection.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what the bug is that has to do with having 100+ friends? It sounds so bizarre. What has it got to do with the core game playing experience?

Also it just seems like such a weird outlier for them to be holding things back. I mean what next - test with someone who has 10K friends?

There's many ways it can be an issue. If you set aside 100 elements in memory but get 200 for example the it can randomly kill memory as the extra ones may overwrite anything currently there, leading to crashes. This is why people had different results on different machines, some casual matches, some career, etc. as their memory usage would be different.

adikal

Club Captain
There's many ways it can be an issue. If you set aside 100 elements in memory but get 200 for example the it can randomly kill memory as the extra ones may overwrite anything currently there, leading to crashes. This is why people had different results on different machines, some casual matches, some career, etc. as their memory usage would be different.

Sorry I'm asking a simpler question. I've never played the online mode (only casual offline for me) so my question is - where does your friend list matter in this game? Also if the bug only appears with an insanely large friend list, isn't that an outlier?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry I'm asking a simpler question. I've never played the online mode (only casual offline for me) so my question is - where does your friend list matter in this game? Also if the bug only appears with an insanely large friend list, isn't that an outlier?
It loads in that information for leaderboards (you can see how you rank compared to your friends, rather than just everyone in the world), doing invites for online matches, etc.

adikal

Club Captain
It loads in that information for leaderboards (you can see how you rank compared to your friends, rather than just everyone in the world), doing invites for online matches, etc.

Thanks. What a sad thing to hold the game back. And because some dude had 100+ friend list.

Back to Watch Dogs for the weekend

adikal

Club Captain
That was a PC specific issue with the Steam integration - not something to do with the console approval process.

D'oh. I totally missed that! Whats wrong with the console patch then?

Users who are viewing this thread