MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
you are good in answering but fail to understand why so many people are keep complaining about screen stuttering issue. just keep asking them to upload a video because you don't trust them and you don't want to accept the fact that game is really having a lagging issue after patch 2
They've already said that they can't reproduce it - so videos pointing out exactly where to demonstrate the issue will help them identify it and hopefully fix it.

If you've read a single post from the developers on here you'll know that they have no interest in 'denying' issues, and have been fixing things as soon as they can. They are asking for videos precisely because they want to fix it, not because they want to pretend it doesn't exist.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
you are good in answering but fail to understand why so many people are keep complaining about screen stuttering issue. just keep asking them to upload a video because you don't trust them and you don't want to accept the fact that game is really having a lagging issue after patch 2. don't misunderstand me please i am a huge fan of your game as I'm playing non stop on my ps3 since it came out. if you really think that this issue doesn't exist then why there are so many users complaining about lagging after patch 2? why not before? do you really think we are making it up? lol

anyway accept it or not thats your game and have it your way. all we can do is ask. at the end of the day you have done a great job and we appreciate it. hope to have your understanding here.

hope to get an answer in plain english as its not that easy to understand your awesome english for some asians here. :cheers

I don't ask for things I don't need.

I need a clear video of the issue effecting gameplay.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't ask for things I don't need.

I need a clear video of the issue effecting gameplay.

I have a video uploading now as we speak so you can see what we are referring to. Obviously then you'll be able to decide whether the effect we are referring to is a necessary sacrifice for PS3, or whether there is something not quite right. I'll be back with the video shortly.

EDIT

Here's the video clip. There's only a few examples so I appreciate that it's not a large sample, but in the clips I have included you can see a fair degree of hitching and tearing issues. I was really trying to get a couple too of the ball hitching out of the bowler's hand but for some reason it never happened. You can see that it's usually either a case of smooth gameplay with hitching during replays/cutscenes, or hitching during gameplay and smooth cutscenes. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason to what you get with each given play.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wouldn't say I could see any tearing that effected gameplay outcomes in those videos. I understand it is unsightly but I have to prioritise gameplay issues first/graphical second.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I wouldn't say I could see any tearing that effected gameplay outcomes in those videos. I understand it is unsightly but I have to prioritise gameplay issues first/graphical second.

I completely understand. I have had instances of the ball hitching out of the bowler's hand too, but I've not been able to replicate it whilst recording. I also completely understand that one person's idea of game breaking is not the same as another, and that we gamers do have a tendency to hyperbole, to say the least. :yes

There are some instances where I have gotten out because the frame rate was bad whilst batting, but alas I can only continue to describe it until I get it on a recording.

Alberts

International Coach
I completely understand. I have had instances of the ball hitching out of the bowler's hand too, but I've not been able to replicate it whilst recording. I also completely understand that one person's idea of game breaking is not the same as another, and that we gamers do have a tendency to hyperbole, to say the least. :yes

There are some instances where I have gotten out because the frame rate was bad whilst batting, but alas I can only continue to describe it until I get it on a recording.

Come join us on PC. The Xbox 360 isn't getting better and if there's enough of us they mightn't delay the next PC version.

Also... mods!

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Come join us on PC. The Xbox 360 isn't getting better and if there's enough of us they mightn't delay the next PC version.

Also... mods!

Already jumped ship to PC mate. But it makes me wonder how I'd feel about the PS3 version had I not already played the PC version. Perhaps the PS3 version seems worse because I've now experienced better?

Alberts

International Coach
Already jumped ship to PC mate. But it makes me wonder how I'd feel about the PS3 version had I not already played the PC version. Perhaps the PS3 version seems worse because I've now experienced better?

To be completely honest, having played in the nets on the academy (on PC), playing the game on the Xbox 360 felt like playing it on a wet biscuit.

That's the extremely disappointing part of the idea that there might (probably will be) another long delay, maybe an even longer one, when the next iteration of the series is released. Not only would such delays cannibalism the market for the PC version (which my understanding talking to another developer in the past was that Steam actually had a better profit margin than the consoles, though it might have just been that game) and to be completely fair, sell people an inferior product.

The game on the consoles, even if every bug were fixed, just isn't as good. The graphics aren't as good, it's not as smooth, it doesn't have the same capabilities, it's just a wee bit rubbish in comparison.

Oh well, maybe the next ones will move to the PS4.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Oh well, maybe the next ones will move to the PS4.

If PS4/XB1 is still on the cards, I can definitely see myself buying it on there too. I think it would be a blessing for Big Ant to have the extra resources and easier cross platform translation to work with. I wouldn't be surprised though if we don't see the next one on last gen.

Alberts

International Coach
If PS4/XB1 is still on the cards, I can definitely see myself buying it on there too. I think it would be a blessing for Big Ant to have the extra resources and easier cross platform translation to work with. I wouldn't be surprised though if we don't see the next one on last gen.

I'd honestly be surprised to see the Xbone get a version. The adoption rate is seemingly a disaster at the moment and it appears the momentum is moving towards the PS4 and Wii U.

If they can't justify the Wii U (which has a far higher adoption rate than the Xbone, and had the highest selling game over the last couple of months), I can't really see the effort of porting it to the Xbone would really have any potential to pay off. From what I can gather though, this is how it would look to a developer:

PS4s: ~8.6 mil
Xbones: ~5 mil
Wii U: ~6.7 mil
Total: ~20 mil

Xbox 360: ~80 mil
PS3: ~80 mil
Total: ~160 mil

Active users on steam peak throughout the day: ~6.7 mil

I would honestly be surprised to see a next gen version any time soon.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I'd honestly be surprised to see the Xbone get a version. The adoption rate is seemingly a disaster at the moment and it appears the momentum is moving towards the PS4 and Wii U.

If they can't justify the Wii U (which has a far higher adoption rate than the Xbone, and had the highest selling game over the last couple of months), I can't really see the effort of porting it to the Xbone would really have any potential to pay off. From what I can gather though, this is how it would look to a developer:

PS4s: ~8.6 mil
Xbones: ~5 mil
Wii U: ~6.7 mil
Total: ~20 mil

Xbox 360: ~80 mil
PS3: ~80 mil
Total: ~160 mil

Active users on steam peak throughout the day: ~6.7 mil

I would honestly be surprised to see a next gen version any time soon.

Well although the PS4 is still outselling the XB1, the XB1 is still selling well, in fact it's seen a dramatic rise since ditching the manadatory kinect. By the time we see another cricket game, the adoption rates will easily justify giving them serious thought.

I suppose the questions that has to be posed for any developer is where do you draw the line? When do you decide not to support last gen, and at what point does it hurt business by continuing to include them? If PC and next gen install bases are high enough does including last gen hurt the quality of the product, thereby hurting sales on other platforms, and resulting in fewer net sales? When does it become more expensive in terms of manpower resources and development time to provide a version on outdated hardware?

Important questions, but I can't answer them because I'm not a businessman, nor a programmer lol :lol

Last edited:

TripleM

Club Captain
I have a video uploading now as we speak so you can see what we are referring to.

For what it's worth, I can't see any lagging in the video either - the one I occasionally experience on PS3 is far more noticable than that so what you're noticing may not be the general lag other people are talking about. The one I see has only ever happened during fielding and happens quite a few times. I have no easy way of recording a video unfortunately..

Last edited:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
For what it's worth, I can't see any lagging in the video either - the one I occasionally experience on PS3 is far more noticable than that so what you're noticing may not be the general lag other people are talking about. The one I see has only ever happened during fielding and happens quite a few times. I have no easy way of recording a video unfortunately..

Actually, having reviewed my video a bit more, you can actually see the ball hitching out of the bowler's hand - skip to 1:06 and watch carefully as the ball is on it's way to the batsman. This is not an error with encoding my video, this is present in the actual gameplay.

Another example is at 0:06 with the cover drive to the boundary. The hitching is present and noticable by studying how the camera pans. It's just not smooth and the jumpiness can effect judgement when running between the wickets.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's super bad in my video though, but merely it was the best I could do in the time I was recording. Others may have it worse than me, though mine was recorded on a PS3 that's only 8 months old, if that is a factor at all. Older machines may experience it more. :)

TripleM

Club Captain
Yeah, not saying you're not seeing issues, just that the issues you're noticing are extremely minor and perhaps unrelated to the lagginess I've seen since patch 2 and that I believe other people are talking about, since what I've seen playing looks nothing like what I'm seeing in that video.

The one about the ball jumping out of the bowler's hand is something discussed in length in the past with Ross' response as well - can't remember where but not something that was going to be fixed. It was occurring before patch 2.

Last edited:

BalrogZA

School Cricketer
Niggles

Hi!

Was playing an online Test against a buddy last night on PS3. Patch 2 installed.

The following glitches happened:
1. Buddy bowled a No-ball. So the next ball I was going for an aggressive shot. He bowled my stumps. Since it was a free hit ball, I shouldn't have been out, yet my batsman was given out and he walked. Aargh!
2. I bowled my buddy on the stumps, bails flying. He wasn't given out. Double aaaargh!! No no balls in the over.
3. The fielders have no urgency when going to get a ball. They just casually saunter to the ball. No amount of screaming get them to move faster. Lol!

Anyway, I love the game, lots of fun. Just hoping the above issues will be resolved soon?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread