RUGBY Rugby Challenge 4

TomW777

Club Captain
Quite possibly a totally random and meaningless date that Mighty Ape in NZ have just plucked out of their arse but anyway 26 June 2020 is the new provisional release date they are now showing on my pre-order.

rc.JPG

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Quite possibly a totally random and meaningless date that Mighty Ape in NZ have just plucked out of their arse but anyway 26 June 2020 is the new provisional release date they are now showing on my pre-order.

View attachment 230364

Yikes! I sure hope that's meaningless. Did Mighty Ape change this from March 30 to June 26, or is this a new listing? I'd be more inclined to believe them if it's a changed date. Or, at least, believe that it's delayed again.

TomW777

Club Captain
Yikes! I sure hope that's meaningless. Did Mighty Ape change this from March 30 to June 26, or is this a new listing? I'd be more inclined to believe them if it's a changed date. Or, at least, believe that it's delayed again.
Mighty Ape emailed me back in to December to tell me the new release date was 28 Feb. (I think JB Hi Fi has it down for 31 March). They have now email again after the 28 Feb date passed and changed that to 26 June. The Mighty Ape listing itself doesn't have a release date. Still kind of hoping JB Hi Fi is right and it is releasing at the end of March - all the facebook posts for RC 4 from Wicked Witch would kinda indicate that it is releasing sooner rather than later.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Mighty Ape emailed me back in to December to tell me the new release date was 28 Feb. (I think JB Hi Fi has it down for 31 March). They have now email again after the 28 Feb date passed and changed that to 26 June. The Mighty Ape listing itself doesn't have a release date. Still kind of hoping JB Hi Fi is right and it is releasing at the end of March - all the facebook posts for RC 4 from Wicked Witch would kinda indicate that it is releasing sooner rather than later.

Thanks. Yeah, the end of March seems to be the consensus date.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
From what I've seen, people are converging on the June 26 date as the release date, as it appears Mighty Ape is a reliable source.

It makes Rugby 20 a very tempting buy, especially as it's 20% off on Steam right now.

TomW777

Club Captain
From what I've seen, people are converging on the June 26 date as the release date, as it appears Mighty Ape is a reliable source.

It makes Rugby 20 a very tempting buy, especially as it's 20% off on Steam right now.

Yeah Mighty Ape is probably the biggest video game seller in NZ (it is where I buy most of my games) and normally pretty reliable with release dates etc. I think if the March 31st date was correct then Wicked Witch would have told us already given that date is only 2 weeks away.

After seeing this recent interview I am beginning to suspect that AFL Evolution 2 release may have leap frogged RC4 as one of the posters above suggested https://www.well-played.com.au/afl-...and-the-challenges-of-developing-an-afl-game/

"WP: I know we likely can’t get a release date out of you, but can you at least tell us if you’re aiming to have the game released before (or at) the start of the 2020 season?

AH: Our goal as developers is to have the game ready as early before the start of the 2020 season as possible. The obvious factor influencing this is dev time and we’re happy to say we have met our development goals for the start of 2020. Getting the game out for the start of the season is very tight schedule-wise due to the long lead time from less obvious factors such as licensing approvals, marketing asset production, marketing scheduling with the AFL season, manufacturing time and distribution. Based on manufacturing time we can already say it will not be out by Round 1. We’ll have more news about the release date in the near future."

Best case is that RC4 releases in mid April like RC3 did.
Hoping there are some good deals on Rugby 20 for PS4 too.

Last edited:

TomW777

Club Captain
April 23rd confirmed release date for afl evolution 2

That almost certainly means the 26 June date for RC4 is correct as I can't see Tru Blu/Wicked Witch releasing both games around the same time as each other. A little disappointing as I was weirdly excited about playing RC4 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread