RUGBY Rugby Challenge 4

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It's June 1 and we've heard nothing about the game since mid-March.

It seems that June 26 release date is looking unlikely.

TomW777

Club Captain
It's June 1 and we've heard nothing about the game since mid-March.

It seems that June 26 release date is looking unlikely.
Agreed. I would love to know why game developers announce totally unrealistic release dates. Clearly when they announced a December 2019 release date back in September it was simply always impossible given we are now in June & haven't heard anything new in months. Tru Blu/Wicked Witch must have some of the worst marketing communication in the business - while potential customers were originally excited the vast majority of their customers/fans judging by their fb page are aggravated. May be there is some method in the madness but I can't see it. RC4 looks like it following the familiar path of AFL Evolution 2 which suffered from numerous delays and released something like 12-18 months after its initial release date.

Anyway in the absence of RC4 and any real rugby I will follow up the greatest try ever with what many think is the greatest match ever.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Agreed. I would love to know why game developers announce totally unrealistic release dates. Clearly when they announced a December 2019 release date back in September it was simply always impossible given we are now in June & haven't heard anything new in months. Tru Blu/Wicked Witch must have some of the worst marketing communication in the business - while potential customers were originally excited the vast majority of their customers/fans judging by their fb page are aggravated. May be there is some method in the madness but I can't see it. RC4 looks like it following the familiar path of AFL Evolution 2 which suffered from numerous delays and released something like 12-18 months after its initial release date.

Anyway in the absence of RC4 and any real rugby I will follow up the greatest try ever with what many think is the greatest match ever.

I've never seen that match.

I've read that Wicked Witch have a history of giving multiple release dates that stretch over long periods for all their games.

TomW777

Club Captain
I've never seen that match.
Yeah it is worth watching just to see Lomu in full flight - remarkable performance given the state of his health at this point in his career. Yeah the defence also seemed to be optional - but I can still remember being on the edge of my seat watching this match as a kid.

TomW777

Club Captain
I take it you’re a New Zealander?

I didn’t realize that Lomu was already ill by then.
Yeah I'm a Kiwi.
From my understanding Lomu was pretty ill as far back as 1995.
Still no more news on RC4 front but at least live Super Rugby is back which is definitely worth a watch for those who haven't caught it already.

TomW777

Club Captain
Unfortunately (but rather predictably) I have been emailed by Mighty Ape that Rugby Challenge 4's release date has been put back again until the end of the year. Hopefully at the end of all these delays we actually get a half decent product.

rc4 date.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread