Scooby Doo Mafia - ARay Wins!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
But, Ollie, what held me back from doing that is, I personally believe people tend to bog down after getting a vanilla role and on top of that if I informed them about their bodyguard nature, they would hardly bother.

That's why I was thinking, that say they 'protect' the player whilst being killed at night there win condition could be such that they are given an 'honourable win' by saving the character.

I thought the idea in HP mafia, was brilliant because not only was it a very good game of Mafia, but it also went along with the whole Harry Potter storyline, so much so that didn't it actually end up with Harry and Voldemort at the end?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Harry and Voldemort at the end?
Almost. It was Harry, Ron and Draco at the end though. Voldemort was lynched off by only one vote as he was very weak after the horcruxes were destroyed.

----------

That's why I was thinking, that say they 'protect' the player whilst being killed at night there win condition could be such that they are given an 'honourable win' by saving the character.
This could have actually worked. Ah well. I But, again only if the town won which they didn't. But, a lesson learned.

6ry4nj

International Coach

I think an involuntary bodyguard who didn't have to survive to the end to win, as long as the player they were protecting survived, is a reasonable workable idea. Of course they would have to know who they were guarding.

If you remove the rule about have to survive to win, a lot more roles become workable.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Almost. It was Harry, Ron and Draco at the end though. Voldemort was lynched off by only one vote as he was very weak after the horcruxes were destroyed.

That was it, it was just the fact that the end was so fitting for Harry Potter in general. The heir to Voldemort trying to get rid of the one he could never 'destroy' with his main man right next to him. Fantastic.

As you said, it's a learning experience and a good idea, that we have just made better. :thumbs

----------

I think an involuntary bodyguard who didn't have to survive to the end to win, as long as the player they were protecting survived, is a reasonable workable idea. Of course they would have to know who they were guarding.

I think that is the best way to make it work but the player who is being guarded shouldn't be told, nor should the bodyguard be allowed to make it purposely obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread