PlanetCricket Mafia | Endgame!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought it was fair. I thought it was a pretty good move, but really Spoobir shouldn't have fallen for it. Fair play to Abhas, it was a risk and came off, but Spoobir shouldn't have fallen for it. He attacked Abhas, but when Abhas came out with his explanation and role-claim, Spoobir should have backed off the lynch and leave an FOS. It was his over-aggressive nature that got him lynched.

Spoobir would have survived and it would have left lingering suspicion on Abhas, which could have been channeled later.

I don't think someone like Ollie or myself or ARay would have fallen for it. I actually didn't expect Spoobir to either really.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would have attacked Abhas if I were townie even :/

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
hahaha. Yea, but when the Character Claim came out, back off. Cause unless the Character Claim is rebutted, there is no ground for continued assault.

That's one of the things Abhas argued. The mafia members obv know there is no silencer (although Spoobir provided quite sound logic) and thus are likely to be the most vocal to cut down the person who false-claimed being Silenced.

The townie play was poor, which went against Spoobir. Lynch all Liars. Never hesitate. The town did. And then Spoobir went over the top, and Abhas called him on it and it worked. Because of Abhas's un-countered character claim in an active game, there was a strong chance he was telling the truth, and if the lynch failed then you knew who to go for next day.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea, I actually felt Spoobir was doing pretty well but went a bit overboard.

Really poor townie play overall though.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lucky win, Papa Smurf taking out two Mafia. Roleblocking Riz randomly.

Even Riz was quite poor, can't believe it took so long to lynch him after Varun confirmed he was Godfather. BKB did well creating that confusion.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The townie play was poor, which went against Spoobir. Lynch all Liars. Never hesitate. The town did.

Really poor townie play overall though.

The exact same thing was said last game. I'm starting to get the feeling that every game on the here the town win they still play badly, while very game the mafia/cult win they play great.

In the last two games I've picked up mafia very early on, last game Sim, and here Riz. Yes there's some luck in it as some times I'm completely wrong with who's mafia, but the game really does have a lot of luck involved.

Full credit to the town here, I'm not sure how you can criticize them after they completely demolished the mafia, yes they did have some luck, but you need that.

I'm also really struggling to see how you can say it's a bad move that the town didn't lynch Abhas because he lied as well.

Chewie

BCCI President
The rule in all mafia games is basically lynch all liars. If someone lies, then you can't trust them and should lynch them.

You can't deny there was quite a bit of bad town play. Lots of the analysis was heavily flawed yet people still followed it.

ARay

County Cricketer
Yeaaaah, I still think abhas pulling off the move was super risky and probably could have cost townies the game.
If Spoobir had played his cards right, abhas would have probably ended up dead.
I mean all he had to do was subtly put the fact that abhas lied and left it at that.
The doubt would have been more than enough, to get him lynched.

But yeah, well played abhas! I don't know why I get killed early every game when hes one the winning every game for every alignment :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I actually think poor townie play is why they are winning. The Mafia is over-estimating them. In Pokemon mafia the analysis to get guys like Chewie or Myself lynched was poor, but the crowd followed anyways. (although the latter case helped our cause).

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The rule in all mafia games is basically lynch all liars. If someone lies, then you can't trust them and should lynch them.

You can't deny there was quite a bit of bad town play. Lots of the analysis was heavily flawed yet people still followed it.

Well I lied last game and didn't get lynched... :spy

I'd never just lynch someone because they lied, if it was a lie that uncovered them to be mafia I would, but just lynching someone because they lied is stupid.

You can say the town played as bad as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the mafia got ragdolled. :p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
To be fair, Papa_Smurf did most of the work for you :p Killed off Me and Hedger.

Varun made a good pick by blocking Riz, Abhas got rid of Spoobir. And picking Mad as the recruitable Mafia. 3 good moments of play that won the town this. Rest was quite poor.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well there was five mafia, the town got rid of three, while Papa got rid of two, so actually we did more of the work. :p

ARay

County Cricketer
Well I lied last game and didn't get lynched... :spy

I'd never just lynch someone because they lied, if it was a lie that uncovered them to be mafia I would, but just lynching someone because they lied is stupid.

You can say the town played as bad as you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the mafia got ragdolled. :p

Ahhhhh you lying because you have a useful role, and a person lying about being silenced are two different things.
I mean looking at a town's perspective, someone lying about being silenced hurts his credibility to give his posts any sort of meaning.
I mean he could possibly be lying for other posts as well.

But yeaaah Papa Smurf could have also possibly won this game as well (if he had not been killed). He played quite well rather and it was a pity he died in the game.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Brilliant win for the town :D

Happy to have gone for Riz, and I guess I was quite accurate with the BKB bluff. Had he said truthfully, I might have lynched Tom instead.. BKB didn't really deserve to lose. :p

When I pulled off the silenced move, I was very suspicious of Ollie and Spoobir, and firmly believed both to be mafia, but then thought it would definitely be easier to go for Spoobir than Ollie, and that's why I was solely targeting him.

At the start, ehn I lynched him, it was just suspicion, but towards the end, it was 100% certain that he was mafia.

Unlucky for P Squared to be lynched off.. We didn't consider the possibility of another person also targeting CG123 that night. I thought 3 were already enough.

Overall, It was a good game, but had smurf not got rid of the mafia in the early stages, we might have been stuffed.

I'm not totally sure it was really a 'fair' move though. Pretending to be silenced is kinda wrong and I'd say contrary to the spirit of the game. Just like deliberately getting yourself mod-killed.

Rules
- Important one. You can claim whatever the hell you wish to and at anytime you like.

You asked for it :p

Users who are viewing this thread