The wishlist thread

D

Dutch

How is that different from IC10 where it was based on bowler confidence?

Well in the sense that it was available for longer moments. The whole confidence idea was too lenient I found for bowlers and too strict for batsman. I quite liked the way they did it in Cricket Revolution. At a certain point you earnt a certain kind of delivery which once used had to be earnt again. Plus the fact that certain deliveries should only be available in certain conditions. I shouldnt be able to reverse swing a ball or swing it at all if the circumstances are not good, whatever my personal confidence is or how old the ball is.....

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The difference is that 2 or 3 types of possible ball are displayed on the screen, one among those is the ball that is going to be bowled and batsman needed to correctly guess the ball to play the shot he wanted. Other wise wrong shot is played for the ball and any thing can happen.(edge,miss,lbw etc). I suggested this, because I wanted to see realistic misses, edges and lbw. In real life that happens when batsman judge the ball incorrectly and play the wrong shot for the ball. But I don't know how frequent this should be, ie whether for all the balls of a star bowler or only when he is in form( form is determined through stat tracking, ie depending on his previous match, previous over etc.) Another case is to grade all the bowlers and make it available according to their grades, ie a top grade bowler has it available for 3 or 4 balls( but then again if he get hit for hattrick fours or some thing like that, rest of his over only have his stock ball), a middle grade bowler has it available for 1 or 2 balls and low grade bowler only have his stock ball. In real life too most balls of top class bowlers are dangerous. Also it creates a situation where after bowling 3 outswingers, the bowler choose to bowl the special delivery at the same spot, the screen shows out swinger and in swinger as possible balls. Now the batsman really have to decide which ball it's gonna be. I don't know if this make batting hard or not.

Allrounder18

Banned
I'd probably have these percentages cut a lot lower. A big swinger should be unplayable, as in real cricket, but it should be a rare occurance. Also, I wish to make it clear that barely any bowler would be able to swing the ball both ways with proficiency. Most bowlers would have a rating approaching zero for one direction of swing.

Also, I'd like to see seam movement make a comeback. I remember in EA Cricket 07, occasionally a ball on a green pitch would seam sharply and be unplayable. Unfortunately, the game neglected to animate any sort of batting animation or allow the keeper to stop this ball so it would always go for four byes, but it was a really nice idea I'd love to see more of. You cannot really control if one seams but if you persevere time and again with an upright seam (regular delivery), it does happen.

----------

Right! The general idea is that not every ball should swing but if you keep going on and on you should eventually be able to bowl a unplayable big swinging delivery (Obviously if you have the skills)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I quite liked the way they did it in Cricket Revolution. At a certain point you earnt a certain kind of delivery which once used had to be earnt again.

Mmmm don't find that too realistic to be honest

D

Dutch

Mmmm don't find that too realistic to be honest

Much is not realistic but is about finding ways of controlling things in such a way that they are still competitive and not just gimmicks. If we can not have realistic physics, which is by far the most preferable, then we need ways of simulating control....

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Well in the sense that it was available for longer moments. The whole confidence idea was too lenient I found for bowlers and too strict for batsman. I quite liked the way they did it in Cricket Revolution. At a certain point you earnt a certain kind of delivery which once used had to be earnt again.

This is unrealistic. Unrealistic systems should only be there if you cannot make a fun and realistic system but I have suggested a fun (as in BLIC) and realistic system.

Right! The general idea is that not every ball should swing but if you keep going on and on you should eventually be able to bowl a unplayable big swinging delivery (Obviously if you have the skills)

Indeed, just like in real cricket. The pursuit of a big inswinging delivery may cause you to fire several down the leg side or bowl too far outside off stump or bowl too full and go for runs, just like in real cricket. Most bowlers only swing it away and then have one which goes straighter on but anyone who has played BLIC knows that this too is an effective weapon.

To square this with realism will involve good and settled batsman to be very good at scoring off the stumps toward the leg side (something which is NOT a part of any cricket game ever released) and all batsmen to be able to freely and easily score off a large portion of overpitched deliveries (again, NOT in any cricket game ever released). This will stop the tendency to attack the stumps with every ball, something which ceases to be an effective tactic once you leave club level.

I think that the above paragraph is the most important suggestion to add to batting and a feature that all developers have missed!

ravi varma

Club Cricketer
New Shots

New types of shots played by players in now a day matches!! like scoop shots
pallu scoop like dilshan and some how try to play at third man and etc.............................!

sanji 1135

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ASHES crciket 13

Odi matches need to Free hit! Option Tournament Options - (ashes series,ODI full series,T20 full series,& Tours(including 2or3 test,5 ODI,2 T20matchers ) commentaries - Nasar hussain,David Gower,Ravi shastri & sanjay manjrekar.
Gameplay Options Hard to defeat C.U.P match. Records - player career records for All Formats(test/T20/Odi) Player records(top 10 batsmans/bowlers) Stadiums asian Stadiums need Flodlights, need some new stadiums.

Last edited:

spooony

Club Captain
Oh forgot this. Create your own league or a International league where you play round robin against each other etc etc. Having such a short tournament starting at quarters gets boring quickly. It does not have to have a league's name in real life. Some made league will do and option to create your own will be much appreciated :cheers

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would wish for
- them to recall as much as they can of AC09+patches when they write the game 'from scratch'

And then, have:
- better on-side shot options 'and' animations
- revised spin bowling mechanism (I loved how TAOC approached it)
- better stats tracking (would be fun if commentator could take into account how the tournament has spanned out this far)
- on demand spider-graphs and replays
- tougher AI
- defensive shot which could reach the boundary if timed perfectly in the right direction.
- more tournament/tour options

Params7

International Cricketer
Ability to download user made roster face/name updates to make up for the lack of other board licenses. I'm tired of playing as Rahil Drabu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread