The wishlist thread

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What would be great to have the different umpire/referee levels like they used to have in sensible soccer. So you could have the umpire who always misses edges, the one who doesn't know the lbw law and the one with a nervous trigger finger. For legal reasons I won't assign these hypothetical umpires actual names...

AGREED. This is all part of what we were talking about in creating more realistic situations through cleverer use of under-the-hood AI decisions (both teams and umpires) IE it's unpredictable, but *predictably* unpredictable... if that makes ANY sense!
So loads of variations, but not "random"... just "varied".

----------

how about DRS included???

As discussed across many threads in places, yes: DRS is due for inclusion.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I thought the licence would be a problem chief.
Still you have the ACB and ECB for this game, maybe look into what
you can have or is it just ashes 2013 only ?

Also there is two ashes next year so will both be there in this game
if the release is July 2013.

DRS, i like it but it's not perfect in real cricket so if you guys do put in
please have a on and off option.:D

If only the full cricket licence could be easy to get then this would not be a problem.:spy

phanikrishnad

School Cricketer
If below things are included then its very good one. I think few points are already posted by others.
> Commentary like Ravi, Wasim, Ganguly, Ramiz Raja, Nasir Hussain, Gavaskar and others.
> Leg bay option not there: Bowler asked for lbw on that situation batsman can take run like leg bay.
> Swaping players also from AUS and ENG not only for remaining teams.
> Third umpire decision on screen instead of ground umpire.
> User replay with different angles.
> Free hit for one day format.
> separate IPL and International teams
> Its not like only day,day/night matches to play also like complete night option
> Player faces should not be same, if we want to add new faces into game the old faces should not erase. It means create a new face.
> Can be edit Aus and Eng teams in player editor options.
> Reverse shot option.
> Based on playing teams on ground the crowd should fly flags and dress.
> Drinks break in One day international.
> In second innings can be seen 1st innings batting and bowling scoreboard not only match summary.
> D/W method
> Pitch variations
> Pitch Report before match start
> For playing world cup it's starting from quarter final but it can be start from league matches.
> Also include Tri-series and based on run-rate system.
> For exhibition matches can include one more option like selecting cup name.
> Why only Aus and Eng having correct names and faces what about other teams.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Nice ideas but my guess is the commentry will be mostly
aus and eng ex players.

Maybe to help sell ashes 2013 outside of aus and eng,
there should be a push to include more overseas stuff also.

Maybe a couple of licence comp in india area with commentry
for that area but maybe that would cost to much.

In the end it's a ashes game so maybe bigant will look after you
none ashes countries more than 505 games and trickstar.

Time will tell till chief and crew are ready to talk about the game more. :D

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I would love to see the weather change.

For example, it's fine in the morning in Colombo, but in the afternoon some dark clouds are approaching. This would add tension to a match where time has become precious.

Rain delays, where we actually see the rain falling, would be way cool. And we can watch the groundman bring on the covers!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I would love to see the weather change.

For example, it's fine in the morning in Colombo, but in the afternoon some dark clouds are approaching. This would add tension to a match where time has become precious.

Rain delays, where we actually see the rain falling, would be way cool. And we can watch the groundman bring on the covers!

YES THIS. Another of our key goals: make the MATCH mean something rather than the feel that it's just ball-to-ball. We're trying to make
weather play a much bigger part (as well as forecasts so that you can strategise accordingly) and DL.

----------

Nice ideas but my guess is the commentry will be mostly
aus and eng ex players.

Maybe to help sell ashes 2013 outside of aus and eng,
there should be a push to include more overseas stuff also.

Maybe a couple of licence comp in india area with commentry
for that area but maybe that would cost to much.

In the end it's a ashes game so maybe bigant will look after you
none ashes countries more than 505 games and trickstar.

Time will tell till chief and crew are ready to talk about the game more. :D

This is the official Ashes game, so the primary focus *will* obviously be on that series with regards to licensing.
And you're right with the second point too: commercially it's sadly very difficult to make a case for expensive licenses beyond those two territories based on actual sales numbers of previous cricket games...

rygers

School Cricketer
camera angles

One of my main issues with past games has been the camera angle. Everyone harks back to EA07 but it did allow players a huge amount of flexibility.

I personally preferred a higher / top down view of the game which allowed for a better view of the field (you could basically see the inner ring) and made it easier to judge quick singles. I found it also added a greater sense of speed and realism to the bowling.

The problem I have with the camera angles that have been used in previous cricket games is that they are always so low, the game just looks flat and judging the length of the ball can be compromised.

Football games are most effective when you can see the majority of the pitch giving you the best possible chance of making your next move, targeting certain players and constructing moves. Why should cricket fans get any less.

It's about variety man!

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How about like in Fifa , the AL settings , we can increase the bowling speed and batting power etc....

Users who are viewing this thread