The wishlist thread

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
chief said sometime in feb for screens so not to long.

I think what Chief *actually* said was that he expected it to be at LEAST February before visuals... Not necessarily IN February. And he was very specific about that.
But, then again, Chief was also taught never to trust anyone that referred to themselves in the 3rd person... :D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
So you actually understood how DL works? I'm having a hard time understanding how it makes sense. A score from a recent match (224 for 39 overs is equated to a target score of 229 in 50 overs)!

Yes: It's not secret! There's easy internet resources where you can find a boiled down version...

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i think that you guys should add a mode in the game that is similar to stick cricket super sixes(man vs machine), i think that the way the robot cheats adds variety to the game and makes it a lot of fun.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
i think that you guys should add a mode in the game that is similar to stick cricket super sixes(man vs machine), i think that the way the robot cheats adds variety to the game and makes it a lot of fun.

Love that game. But given that it already exists (and FREE at that!), my first consideration would be "could we make that better"?

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Love that game. But given that it already exists (and FREE at that!), my first consideration would be "could we make that better"?

of course you can ;), btw i suggested that you add a mode which will prolong the life of the game not make a new game. I remember playing double wicket a lot with my friends in BLIC 2005, just because it was different.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I think what Chief *actually* said was that he expected it to be at LEAST February before visuals... Not necessarily IN February. And he was very specific about that.
But, then again, Chief was also taught never to trust anyone that referred to themselves in the 3rd person... :D

True True, sorry i was not trying to be annoying for once :)
You said that many months ago so hard to remember for me:D

Still i look forward to seeing the game when you guys are ready.

p.s Chief wants your option on a online save ?

----------

Also chief i guess you could have some fun if you have nets in the game.

Maybe have some options to play some mini games in the nets.
A little like top spin could be cool.;)

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
Umpire decisions can be questionable at times but that doesn't mean that a 'ball hitting the middle stump' kind of LBW is given not out. In Ashes Cricket 2009, it is quite a tough task getting the umpire to give an LBW decision. So questionable decisions by the umpire do make the game look realistic but wrong decisions on tight LBW calls will be more welcomed.

After Match / Innings Highlights: There should be an option to save After Match Highlights too. Have had a few nail biting finishes in Ashes Cricket 09 which I'd love to collect in the form of highlights. So This is a 'must' feature in the new game.

Kudos on these points mate ... especially the match highlights and an options to save it as a video file is a definite wishlist. And a customizable highlights. Agree on the LBW decisions too.

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
My Wishlist

Awesome work guys.. read the complete thread... I must say excellent & enthusiastic thoughts .. and some are really creative...

My wishlist ... :) Pardon me .. this is a little bit long

1. Shot Power control: -- BATTING
I have played BLC99, EA 2005, Cricket revolution ... I haven't seen a cricket game that incorporated a user-controllable shot power. I know AC09 has a player strength, but that's not visible to us nor controllable by us during play. I believe this is something necessary for a sports game (like how we have in Fifa while playing a shoot/kick/throw, tennis while serving, Golf for club swing strength etc)

The result of a shot (be it lofted or on ground), should not just determined by the timing, direction and type of the shot (and bowler's pace). It should also depend on the power with which batsman (intends to) hit it.

How to implement this is upto the developers. :)

Advantages of having control over power:
i). More variety:
This helps you have additional variety and adds realism too.. you can play shots like chip shot over the fielder, play a cheeky double if the fielders is too far in the boundary, hit a really long six :-), hit a Rahul dravid like straight drive with good timing which the fielder still picks up for just three runs :-)

ii). More challenging:
With batsman/player needing to focus on his power too, this will make it even more challenging to GET IT RIGHT.
I mean, the more the power used, also means the more the bat swing needed. So he has to get the timing of the shot right along with the power/swing on the shot. (like real cricket)

iii) Longevity:
Otherwise, once you master the timing, direction and shot selection, the game normally kind of gets boring.
There should be a dynamic factor that the player should be made to concentrate on while playing in sports game like this.
To me, what makes FIFA more interesting is also about getting the power on the shots right every time depending on the distance from where you are shooting for the goal, apart from the angle.

iv) Associate Power to Skills, fitness & form:
We can attach this control of power to the skill, form, health/fitness of the batsman.

I mean, this meter should be relatively tough to control as the batsman begins his innings depending on the skill of the batsman.
and should gradually become easier as you spend more time in the crease or or start timing the ball accurately or score more runs.
And this ability might come down if the batsman get hurt or gets beaten etc.
(I know the above are already attached to the Timing in existing games like AC09, but adding these to the power also, will make it more interesting)

Also the 'maximum power' a batsman can reach should also be incrementing/decrementing depending on the skills and innings of player.

Imagine Rahul dravid starting with relatively 50% max power but with a relatively higher ease at control of power.
Or Yusuf Pathan starting off with 80% max power with but with a relatively lower ease at control of power.
The strength and Balance factors in current AC09 like games canm be used to determine that.​

2. Highlights of match (I am borrowing this idea from another user in the same thread, but only to reiterate the fact that this is a wonderful wish and will be interesting to have.
In Addition to what the other user stated,
i) Add a option/feature to save match higlights as video.
ii) Make it customizable. Like have a general settings to also capture specific moments like 50s, other milestones, etc along with some of the regular ones (wickets, 4s, 6s etc)​

We enjoy watching highlights in youtube of past matches. What if we have some of our own .. ;) I will be watching over multiple times, especially tight finishes.

Although I am not sure if this is too expensive.. I mean, this might make the game slower due to technical issues / memory needs.

3. AI:
I think all of you have commented enough about the AI and I don't have anything more in particular to add.
Just make the batting of AI more realistic and bowling more challenging. How to do it is up to the developers.
I guess, at this point, all of us know whats realistic and what is not. We don't really need to define that :-)

4. Graphics:
I have no real wishlist on Graphics. I am more interested in the game play than the graphics.​

5. Man of the Match and Series:
There should be a player of the match and player of the series determination by AI.

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chief, it would be great if you could add a save replay option for boundaries and wickets.
If possible, the winning runs of a match or a century too?

Users who are viewing this thread