The wishlist thread

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One of my main issues with past games has been the camera angle. Everyone harks back to EA07 but it did allow players a huge amount of flexibility.

I personally preferred a higher / top down view of the game which allowed for a better view of the field (you could basically see the inner ring) and made it easier to judge quick singles. I found it also added a greater sense of speed and realism to the bowling.

The problem I have with the camera angles that have been used in previous cricket games is that they are always so low, the game just looks flat and judging the length of the ball can be compromised.

Football games are most effective when you can see the majority of the pitch giving you the best possible chance of making your next move, targeting certain players and constructing moves. Why should cricket fans get any less.

It's about variety man!

Two or three different camera angles would be good...

phanikrishnad

School Cricketer
Licensed or Unlicensed players numbers on shirts is accurate but if players names are also included on shirt then its awesome. Not only original players if we edit that name on player editor that name's also should reflect on shirt.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Batting technique

I have seen this implemented less subtly in previous Codemasters games but I'd like it if a rattled batsman plays with worse technique, such as bat and pad not together and thus is vulnerable to seam movement and turn & bounce.

Also, and this may be difficult, I'd love to see slower balls be such that their effectiveness in Test matches is limited (as in real cricket) but they are pretty effective in limited overs matches. I think realism would have it that slower balls are pretty damn easy to defend.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Batting technique

I have seen this implemented less subtly in previous Codemasters games but I'd like it if a rattled batsman plays with worse technique, such as bat and pad not together and thus is vulnerable to seam movement and turn & bounce.

Also, and this may be difficult, I'd love to see slower balls be such that their effectiveness in Test matches is limited (as in real cricket) but they are pretty effective in limited overs matches. I think realism would have it that slower balls are pretty damn easy to defend.

Yes. Different batting stances. Chanderpaul's stance is way different to Clarke.

In MLB: The Show, you can select from hundreds of different batting stances when editing players or creating custom players.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I second this, maybe a simple way would be to have a set
amount. Like blocker,attacker,allround meaning in the middle.
Three is better than most cricket games of well just one ;)

BurgersUK

School Cricketer
Slow left arm orthadox bowling around the wicket as a default against right handers...

vinit85

Club Captain
My suggestion for future AC'13 pc game.

1. Individual carrier mode.
> Personal kits & other stuffs collection as we go on unlocking.
> Popularity in crowd must go on increasing/decreasing as per individual performance. eg: sachin tendulkar.
> Custom player must enter in international team(test,odi,T20) only by giving good performance in domestic cricket(test,odi,T20).
> There must be personal collection of rewards points after being man of the match or man of the series to buy external kits & other stuffs.

2. Game format.
> "World cup" starting with group matches.(ODI,T20)
> "Triangular series"(ODI,T20,Test)
> "World tour" with individual team.(ODI,T20,Test)
> "Test session" as it was in BLC99.
> "Test series"
> "Domestic matches" only for custom player to get an entry in international team(ODI,T20,Test)
Eg: Custom player should be man of the series twice(ODI,T20,Test) to get into international team.(for realistic)

3. DLF ipl game format.
> There should be Auction to buy players to create a new DLF IPL team with the help of individual rewards points.

4. "Retired hurt" for a match or the whole series, so that other players should get chance.(to get more realistic)

This is the game format i want to play in AC'13

P1YUSH

School Cricketer
Helpful to everyone

Add tournament editor, So we can make any type of game mode
things can be customize as per user needs

stadiums (how many and which ones to choose)

overs (total overs and power-play overs)

teams (its already there, but needs update like user created teams also would be there)

these are over all additions
weather (it would be fun to pre-define weather like, after 40 overs rain will fall, as set by user, or a bad light situation after 15 overs, or pitch gets worse/behaves like weird after pre-defined overs)

crowd (reacts upon more things like, local team on home ground, slow run rates/fall of quick wickets (show related adboards, or shouts from crowds like boooo, or haaaayyyyy building up while bowler running up, (each sfx for each event, like hat-trick, last wicket, batsman near to bigger mark 100s, 200s, match win) show re-active crowd)

commentators (fresh commentary, more re-active on ongoing match, or upcoming match(like in a series or tournament), reacts upon crowds gestures like, showing hoardings(also can include more 4s, 6s, 100s) (east or west, cricket is the best, commentators may say, look at that, here's crowds love cricket then anything else, we're in the middle of crazy cricket fans, who loves cricket more then anything else) also, you can add game customization commentary where commentators says about how to customize game using several game features, like they say (when a player is not playing well), player needs to go team editor and need to change this player(who is currently playing not good), other-wise they may loose this game or series.) this way it be fresh addition and also you can guide user to customization.

for user
add in-game customization like, weather can be changed while playing(and it will effect the gameplay (like after rainfall, pitch will be wet) so when players back to game gets wet pitch), add crowd customization like, user can select more crowd likeness as crazy, aggressive, nice, well behaved(so, eventually it will effect the game as crazy crowds try to stop the game)commentary also reflects these kinds of situations.)

players should be varied in heights (tall, fat, thin (customization in player editor))

players should be effected by stamina (increase when not in action) while bowling/batting/fielding.

proper player name editor (we can type any length name in first name or last name including spaces, ('), (-) names like O'Brien, AB de Villiers, inzamam ul-haq)

if possible add these too...

player likenesses, (signature shots, bowling styles, gestures by players(taking guard, after wicket celebrations) and umpires ( he jumps when score shows 111(on similar counts) (you know who i meant)), add videos like in cricket'97 before and after match, add after match events (man of the match)), also show caption like live match(name of famous player when camera focus on it, show his career graph, current series stats, something like that, show wearing a top score cap like in IPL, something like that adds realism)

:thumbs

virtuosovidit

School Cricketer
Wishlist

Haven't been able to follow the forums for the new game, i'm sorry if i am repeating some of the items in the wishlist already mentioned above. Here are a few things I'd like to see improved in the new Ashes Cricket Game:

Gameplay:
Support for 360degree shots via the Analog Stick on Gamepads. Its a tedious job learning all the controls while playing on a keyboard.

The Ashes Cricket 2009 had digital screens in stadiums but never made use of it to display the third umpire results, which was quite annoying and funny to see the field umpires declare out or not out. I'd like to see third umpire decisions on the screens. Also, Third Umpires aren't just used for Run outs these days, they are used for close catches too. So if that little bit could be added it'll be great.

Umpire decisions can be questionable at times but that doesn't mean that a 'ball hitting the middle stump' kind of LBW is given not out. In Ashes Cricket 2009, it is quite a tough task getting the umpire to give an LBW decision. So questionable decisions by the umpire do make the game look realistic but wrong decisions on tight LBW calls will be more welcomed.

- Well that's pretty much it about the gameplay, i saw the developer diaries and they promised a lot of good mo-cap stuff, so wouldn't mention them again in the wishlist. Also I hope to see Action Cam and other stuff that was introduced in IC10

After Match / Innings Highlights: There should be an option to save After Match Highlights too. Have had a few nail biting finishes in Ashes Cricket 09 which I'd love to collect in the form of highlights. So This is a 'must' feature in the new game.

Climate & Weather effects:
Rain Effects. Rains between a match, result in a lot of different changes. Outfield gets slow, the pitch gets damp, etc. Would love to see Rain come in a match followed by a such changes in playing conditions.

Climatic Conditions: Playing a game in winters would mean players would need a lot less of drinks breaks, they'd be wearing sweaters too (in poor weather conditions). however in summers when the temperatures sore to about 45 Degrees lots more drinks breaks and the stamina is much less. I'd love to see that come in this new game.

Day/Night Matches: We've seen Day Night matches in Cricket Games since long but what we haven't seen is the actual transition from day to night, when say the sun sets but its not very dark yet and the flood lights just start glowing slightly. Its a subtle effect which makes the game more realistic.

Stadiums:
Stadiums like The Lord's Cricket Ground and The Oval have floodlights but games like Ashes Cricket 09 didn't give us an opportunity to play Day Night Games. So that 'SHOULD' happen this time.

More Indian Stadiums. Its very disheartening to see only Eden Gardens feature in the stadiums list, when India is one of the good teams in cricket.

Also Indian Stadiums have this unrealistic night sky and a very patchy grass work which doesn't match at all with the actual conditions in the stadium. That should be corrected.

Tours and Tournaments:
Sports games generally are tournament based. Football has a lot of 'tournaments' like the FA Cup or Premier League. But Cricket is one sport where teams 'tour', so we get a month full of matches which feature a test series, a short T20 series followed by an ODI series or a Tri-nation ODI tournament (like the Commonwealth Bank Series in Australia), this is something i haven't seen in a cricket game yet and would love to see.

Tournaments should also have more customization options. They shouldn't just be restricted to knock-out T20 or ODI cups but should range from a large round-robin and knock out tournament like the Champions Trophy or World Cup to a 3 Match ODI series.

The User should be able to customize these tour and tournament options, they shouldn't just be a static set which we'll get bored of after sometime.

Coach & Carrier Mode: I think we all know what it is. We've all been waiting for this for years, this might as well be the right time to see it happen.

Commentary and Richie Benaud:
Commentary options are good but don't feature any Asian commentators. I know its 'Ashes' Cricket 2013 and shouldn't really have Asian Commentators but it also has the other teams which'd love to Asian Commentators like Ravi Shastri or Harsha Bhogle or Wasim Akram.

Commentators speaking names of players would be a good addition too. But what will be really amazing is a 'text to speech' tool where commentators would pronounce the customized player's name in their own voice. This isn't exactly rocket science i guess, we see them in so many software too so why not a cricket game?

And Yes, I miss the Richie Benaud commentary that was always present in EA Sports Cricket games even-though I'd like to see it more realistic and interesting.

Custom Players
Custom Players were a big let down in AC09, you could only create 16 of them and they had little customization options. And my player never looked like me or was never my build too. This is quite underwhelming. Also the height customization etc.could be utilized well in bowling, so for e.g. a really tall bowler would get this natural bounce.

And Custom players should also have their jersey numbers instead of just '00'.

Well that's about it. I hope to convey all these messages to the 'chief' (the developer at Trickstar Games, who is kindly answering our questions on this forum). This my 'wishlist' if all these features were added it would be a really awesome game, but even if about 25-30% of them were considered I'd be quite happy with that too.

P.S. This seems a bit long, sorry about that

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
That's one huge email but some good ideas mate.

Please if you get time read though the other posts and you will
see what we know about the game so far, it's not much at this time
but there is few juicy parts though the pages. :D

virtuosovidit

School Cricketer
Yea, checking the other forums right now, from what I saw in the Video Diaries and the forum posts, this is going to be something better than the last two games, in terms of Gameplay atleast. Graphics are discussed little but i hope they only better them from IC10.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
yeah the graphics are a while away from showing us this new
engine mate, chief said sometime in feb for screens so not to long.
But gameplay videos maybe months for that.

Now this question is for chief.
Can you tell us where the engine came from, is it in house or licenced
engine from somewhere else, maybe fifa 2013 :D but i doubt it's that one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread