KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
So apparently Tim Paine was cleared by CA in 2017 & by Cricket Tasmania in 2018 so why the shitstorm again O.o

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So apparently Tim Paine was cleared by CA in 2017 & by Cricket Tasmania in 2018 so why the shitstorm again O.o
Because it’s released publicly and his family found out, i think.

Probably had an affair or something like that, and the texts and their existence has been made public now, so resigned for personal reasons.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So he got married in 2016

And sexted a colleague 4 years back (in 2017, after being married)? Oops

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well this has made Ashes a tad bit more interesting. Off late Aussies have been too soft. If Cummins lead which he should as he is the VC, it will be interesting how he manages his work load. Starc has been out of form and Cummins/Hazle are the ones spear heading.

As a neutral, I cannot wait for this series to start. Cannot wait for all the nonsense T20 actions to end.

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seems like it's 'The Gabba', a place where Tim Paine apparently couldn't wait to 'have his opposition teams at' over these years; which has brought about his demise in the end (again). Lost to India there earlier this year after all that hype he'd made, and these texts (or s*xts) too were sent on the very day when the 2017-18 Ashes had begun. Where?

"At the Gabba mate!"

Phew.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Because it’s released publicly and his family found out, i think.
From what I have heard his wife knew & they reconciled ... The women involved in this was recently caught for theft so maybe she leaked it for money or something?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
From what I have heard his wife knew & they reconciled ... The women involved in this was recently caught for theft so maybe she leaked it for money or something?
No idea then.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Looking at the timeline, the incident happened few months before he took up the captaincy role. I would assume the whole point of picking a new captain was to have a image makeover, so it's a little odd to see them choose Paine given that he just come off of an investigation. He was cleared, yes, but still there was baggage.

An unfortunate event, but it's definitely a distraction for Australia in preparation for the Ashes. Thankfully for them, they have a few weeks to get the act together.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In all honesty, what he does in his personal life ought to be kept out of cricket. Anyhow, Australia has been trying to paint a 'good image' of themselves lately and this would certainly impede the proceedings.

I would assume Pat Cummins will take over. If so, my suggestion here is to hace Cummins assume responsibility across formats and usher in a new era. Finch has done well, even won the T20 WC. But similar to Paine, he was aways seen as a stop gap solution.

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
In all honesty, what he does in his personal life ought to be kept out of cricket. Anyhow, Australia has been trying to paint a 'good image' of themselves lately and this would certainly impede the proceedings.

I would assume Pat Cummins will take over. If so, my suggestion here is to hace Cummins assume responsibility across formats and usher in a new era. Finch has done well, even won the T20 WC. But similar to Paine, he was aways seen as a stop gap solution.
Interesting. So, Finch would be treated the same way Sarfaraz was after winning CT 17?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Interesting. So, Finch would be treated the same way Sarfaraz was after winning CT 17?
Sarfraz was sacked because his form with the bat had been abysmal for a long time at the point of his sacking.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Sarfraz was sacked because his form with the bat had been abysmal for a long time at the point of his sacking.
I feel something similar has been going for Aaron Finch too (maybe not as long as Sarfaraz), if I am not wrong or missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread