Review Ashes Cricket 2009 Press Reviews

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For those that may have some idea, when do you think the "bigger" gaming websites will post reviews? Since it releases on the 7th of Aug.

Swingers

Club Cricketer
I would just take a new gameplay vid at the moment!!! let alone a review!!

Fluroescent

School Cricketer
Excellent review. Everything's boding greatly for this game... wonderful work by the Transmission team, you guys are going places.
everywhere its a same thing dude.

i remember reading somewhere that gamespot reviewer was fired because he tore apart GTA IV for being such a poorly imported game.

then rockstar paid them off and got 9.0 Review !!!

all these high profile websites and reviewers are always on the companies pay roll...
The Guardian's one of the best and most well-known, reliable news sources out there; very, very few publications can even dream of coming as close to their levels of reliability and authenticity. Anyone who's trying to knock GU's truthfulness clearly aren't very well-acquainted with such matters and should try and read up on these things before commenting like pessimistic children.

papalazarou

Club Captain
Well I'd counter that by saying no it doesnt. Looks ok and is probably decent fun to play. And of course the PC version will hopefully be more of the simulation.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Thought it might be good to get a thread up compiling all the reviews.

The Guardian is first to bat, thanks Gilly Fan for finding it!

Game review: Ashes Cricket 2009 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC | Technology | The Guardian

"Past cricket games have suffered from being lopsided, with either batting or bowling ? but not both ? being enjoyable. Ashes 2009 satisfactorily addresses that fundamental flaw"

4/5 stars

Sounds very good - the cricket game we've been waiting for. Just to confirm: we can play other Test series as well as the Ashes?

Users who are viewing this thread