C09 FAQ: Ashes Cricket Issues, Fixes and Common Questions

arzee09

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
"when i start the game in ps3, it says you cannot play the game in this video output, how to solve the same.I have a projection tv which is connected through normal av cable."

douglas93

School Cricketer
Batting

Probably going to buy this game when I get back from holiday (which will be 2weeks nearer patch on PS3!), only really interested though in batting, tend to generate innings.

Anyway - is batting easy? some people on here say it is, one guy said he got 1012/0?? is it that easy for everyone? guessing not but pretty dull if it is.

C.Gayle

Banned
Will nvidia9500 support?

Will nvidia9500 support ashes cricket 2009? please help..

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Will nvidia9500 support ashes cricket 2009? please help..

Support? I got Nvidia 9500 1gb and it runs the game on maxed out settings at more than 60 fps. I can run GTA IV on mine so it means it can run anything. You don't need to worry about running games when you got this card. Unless you got a really bad computer with really slow CPU performance and low GHZ.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Even mine is a 1GB Nvidia 9500GT.
@MS_Dhoni: getting more than 60fps all maxed? at which resolution?

Maxed out resolution. It usually goes up to 70 or 75 fps during the loadings and some cutscenes but it comes back to around 60 during the gameplay. Also, I am not on a quad computer, mine is core 2 duo pentium. If you are not getting those then you need to upgrade your drivers. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and click on graphics drivers under option 2. This will automatically detect the newer version and then you download and install it. It will improve your fps alot.

howz-at

School Cricketer
I don't find it easy to get singles off defensive shots. Usually you have to play straight and the bowler fields it. I find it I try to work it on the on or off side I often get out lbw as the batsman lunges across the line.

This happens to me, I combat it by playing a shot on the leg side off the front foot. Hope this helps. :banana2

howz-at

School Cricketer
anyone else suffering with anti-aliasing and black bar problem?

I have the game on PS3, and try though I might, I can't find a way of getting rid of them. :crying

My telly's small enough as it is, with an inch of black space either side of the game. :facepalm

arj7

School Cricketer
has anyone heard anything from transmission or codies about a patch?
i emailed them a few days ago but alas no reply :(

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
has anyone heard anything from transmission or codies about a patch?
i emailed them a few days ago but alas no reply :(

There is no point emailing them about a patch, they're not going to give any one member an exclusive, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread