DBC 17 Slider Thread

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've messed about with the sliders a lot and they can be used to create extremely realistic conditions and gameplay. They are going to be like gold dust for recreating certain conditions in games, tours etc...

Just played with the spin and used my created Warne and took 16 wickets in a match with all manner of dismissals. Some great bat pads, lbws and edges. Obviously it was OTT but it was great gaming!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes the bowled is there, it's just like finding a needle in a haystack and I am trying to make it work for my AI vs AI games. I've been sat here working all day watching it and with difficulty on Pro i've had one bowled. Matt Wade going back and missing a ball from Rabada that didnt really move at all actually. The gameplay modifiers work on AI vs AI and I guess I need to play around.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've messed about with the sliders a lot and they can be used to create extremely realistic conditions and gameplay. They are going to be like gold dust for recreating certain conditions in games, tours etc...

Just played with the spin and used my created Warne and took 16 wickets in a match with all manner of dismissals. Some great bat pads, lbws and edges. Obviously it was OTT but it was great gaming!

Bat Pads? You have my attention.... Talk to me....

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yes the bowled is there, it's just like finding a needle in a haystack and I am trying to make it work for my AI vs AI games. I've been sat here working all day watching it and with difficulty on Pro i've had one bowled. Matt Wade going back and missing a ball from Rabada that didnt really move at all actually. The gameplay modifiers work on AI vs AI and I guess I need to play around.

Problem with AI is you don't have the little
Adjustments a human would make When bowling

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had a sort of bat pad where the guy charged down the pitch, got an inside edge of a drive and it was snaffled by the short leg

LEFF

Club Captain
Finally, a thread that has some positivity!! :) The slider's are absolute game changer's. I was playing my obligatory first test 'test' game to get a good feel for the gameplay etc.

At first I wasn't enjoying my experience- so I went on to play with the slider's i.e. bounce of ball from 50 to 75 (as I didn't like the ball zing) then BOOM.. Gameplay became 1000% better experience... all from a minor tweak.

Spin is good fun maxed at 100 & swing sitting around 75 keeps first slip a little more relaxed knowing an outswinger wont be coming for him (like it was at 100)

Once a few of the issues stated in other threads are ironed out- this game will truly shine!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Finally, a thread that has some positivity!! :) The slider's are absolute game changer's. I was playing my obligatory first test 'test' game to get a good feel for the gameplay etc.

At first I wasn't enjoying my experience- so I went on to play with the slider's i.e. bounce of ball from 50 to 75 (as I didn't like the ball zing) then BOOM.. Gameplay became 1000% better experience... all from a minor tweak.

Spin is good fun maxed at 100 & swing sitting around 75 keeps first slip a little more relaxed knowing an outswinger wont be coming for him (like it was at 100)

Once a few of the issues stated in other threads are ironed out- this game will truly shine!

Love this! Yeah increased ball
Bounce is must. Going to play all this week with different suggestions and then put a 'slider' set together.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I have noticed that the AI will give catches when playing exspensive shots toreally poor balls.

So for a spinner - poor spin and poor release seems to result in a rash shot.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone tried ball and pitch friction slider along with all custom batting difficulties.

I have tried from 0, default, 100 and they have no impact and remain same in gameplay.

Either there is problem with mine only or its a bug

Thanks in advance

D

Dutch

What's this? A positive thread? No doubt it will be spoilt anytime soon....
This place is sanctuary; even Jodie Foster wont find us in here![DOUBLEPOST=1482157460][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's this? A positive thread? No doubt it will be spoilt anytime soon....
This place is sanctuary; even Jodie Foster wont find us in here!

Users who are viewing this thread