DBC 17 Slider Thread

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Dutch this is the stuff that will keep this game going!!

I'm presuming that was a nick. Was that with your current slider set up?

You enjoying bowling?

If the AI got more singles instead of boundaries I would say it's perfect. Same set up and I just got Root to sky a cut off a bouncer at his head (he backed away)! As a South African I'm loving this![DOUBLEPOST=1482183452][/DOUBLEPOST]
is everyone working towards simulation test match sliders?

Well that's what we play. If you play T20 then you can do your own testing for that format. Would help a lot!

kasabian21

International Coach
Been bowling with my created Allan Donald and Curtly Ambrose all evening - pure short stuff. Had an amazing edge onto the helmet then caught by a diving slip, along with loads of edges (some caught, some not) and one that carried all the way to deep point. This is will provide hours upon hours upon hours of fun!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
If the AI got more singles instead of boundaries I would say it's perfect. Same set up and I just got Root to sky a cut off a bouncer at his head (he backed away)! As a South African I'm loving this![DOUBLEPOST=1482183452][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well that's what we play. If you play T20 then you can do your own testing for that format. Would help a lot!

Ok yeah so next step is to get them ticking the score over in a bit more of a less aggressive fashion!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Been bowling with my created Allan Donald and Curtly Ambrose all evening - pure short stuff. Had an amazing edge onto the helmet then caught by a diving slip, along with loads of edges (some caught, some not) and one that carried all the way to deep point. This is will provide hours upon hours upon hours of fun!

Again quality, this thread is a bit more enjoyable haha! I always find there's the holy grail field set up as well. One where the AI has areas to score, doesn't give away cheap wickets yet promotes sensible batting.

I have always found that if you block off all scoring areas it's results in a rash shot. After all it is a game

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah I'm all over it mate. Going to do a playthrough tomorrow evening/weds and Thursday!

i bowled 80 + overs last night at England and they were 5 / 295

the run rate seems to fast, had plenty of maiden overs but also plenty of terrible overs. maybe the 295 can be attributed to poor bowling.

is there any reason I am not getting to 30 overs a session? continuously falling short each session

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok yeah so next step is to get them ticking the score over in a bit more of a less aggressive fashion!

I'm 90% sure one of the main factors is the fact that because the speed and bounce is so high the ball really does fly off the bat so I'm trying to find some sliders that will decrease the power off the bat...

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
the power of the bat is an interesting one.

seems like when you use the powerful ground stroke buttons it powers away to the boundary, but when you play the precision strokes to play the gaps it goes absolutely nowhere.

i can power the ball straight all match as well and as soon as i try to play across the ball and around the wicket it also goes no where or alternatively straight to a catcher.

kulch

Club Captain
I'm 90% sure one of the main factors is the fact that because the speed and bounce is so high the ball really does fly off the bat so I'm trying to find some sliders that will decrease the power off the bat...
I think there is a slider called shot impact or contact power. Its the very bottom one. Something along those lines
I also found some of the filters look better if you can get the right gamma balance per each filter.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
i bowled 80 + overs last night at England and they were 5 / 295

the run rate seems to fast, had plenty of maiden overs but also plenty of terrible overs. maybe the 295 can be attributed to poor bowling.

is there any reason I am not getting to 30 overs a session? continuously falling short each session

What difficulty mate? Seems like at the moment they will try to launch anything that's not executed well.

kasabian21

International Coach
I'm not sure what impact the friction is meant to have, but having it at 0 makes edges fly and then some! Just had a the AI edge a forward defensive and it flew off the bat and bounced just before the rope!

D

Dutch

I'm not sure what impact the friction is meant to have, but having it at 0 makes edges fly and then some! Just had a the AI edge a forward defensive and it flew off the bat and bounced just before the rope!
Thats quite cool!

Users who are viewing this thread