FOOTBALL Fifa 14 PC news. It ain't good.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
And that's why Konami always screws up whenever they get a good opportunity. Unlimited leagues would've been brilliant, although it ain't simple to add it.

Or as the guys on the podcast said, they could be purchased via micro transactions. There are so many ways that Konami could add more content to their game, so many ways they could make it more like the real football world. Seems to me that they just can't be bothered.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Look what we have here: a rival developer telling it how it is - BS:

f0a26846-6447-41b5-a87e-94b591198252.png

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From a business perspective, Fifa's decision is understandable though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
From a business perspective, Fifa's decision is understandable though.

If other companies did the same, then I'd agree. The fact is they don't; many games are actually going to lead on PC, not least Battlefield 4. It was the same last time round as well: EA pulled this BS, while every other company out there provided exactly the same game for every format. What makes EA $port$ so kerplucking special??

Bevab

Staff Member
Because they want profits and care less about customers more than any other company?

Gurjot95

National Board President
If other companies did the same, then I'd agree. The fact is they don't; many games are actually going to lead on PC, not least Battlefield 4. It was the same last time round as well: EA pulled this BS, while every other company out there provided exactly the same game for every format. What makes EA $port$ so kerplucking special??
Easy, it's EA. What else do you expect?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Easy, it's EA. What else do you expect?

Yeah well, I've just leant heavily towards PES 14 - have you seen the screens??? Check out my thread.

If the gameplay is as far ahead of Fifa CG as the graphics are, then I'm sold.

Edit: I did actually expect the PC to get the 'Ignite' engine, given the consoles' architecture is closer to PC now or something.... silly me, eh? At least now we know for sure what EA $port$ policy will always be whenever a new generation comes out.

How does the saying go? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! First time round, I was completely unaware that the PS3/Xbox 360 were being given a completely different game - I only became aware of that a few years before the PC got the new engine.

Trouble is, this runs in cycles doesn't it? EA fob off the PC, so off we go to enjoy PES as its gameplay is generally superior to Fifa PC 'CG/OG' - then the PC gets the new engine, so we buy Fifa for a few years and round and round we go.

I'm beginning to get bored of the whole notion of not being able to buy whatever game I want, you know: see game, want game, buy game - with that in mind, I might be doing a 50/50 split on a PS4 with my nephew. No way would I shell out ?400 or even ?300 myself on something I'll only play two games on - I wouldn't even shell out that much on my PC unless the money was needed because components had packed up or something.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
They could come up with any sort of corporate marketing, but I ain't gonna buy Fifa.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
They could come up with any sort of corporate marketing, but I ain't gonna buy Fifa.

Hmmm... and the testers are using the word 'refined' too much. I don't really want another year of 'refinement' personally. I read the main article after seeing the video, and the positive reactions from one article don't seem to match up with the testers talking about 'refined'... soon to become 'recycled' of course.

Users who are viewing this thread