Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rohit was looking really dangerous at the start of the innings. There were few chances for Australia which they didn't make much use of them. Poor fielding by Aussies when compared to ODI series.

Kohli was fantastic with the bat. He could have reached 100 runs if he faced that final over. Dhoni finished the match in style.

Our bowling department did really well. Tbh I had turned-off my t.v. when they reached 40 runs within 4 overs. I got a notification in my phone about fall of 1st wicket. I came to see that they had lost two more wickets.

What a bowling from young Bumrah. Middle-overs were the key for India's success. I am damn sure, Dhoni will go with the same lineup in the second T20I.

"Catches win the Matches". This is what we did. Good catch by Yuvi. He got it too hard on his palms.

At the presentation - "Kohli batted really well. We cannot stop him once he gets going" - Aaron Finch.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It was always important to start with a win because we lost the ODI series even after putting on a decent show. So good start for us in the series. Rohit took his chances early on and played fearlessly which was good to see. Dhawan needs to score runs to stay in the line-up. Rahane is injured but if he is fit, I would swap him with Dhawan since I haven't seen any notable performances from Dhawan in T20 format. I know Shastri and Dhoni likes a left hander in the top order but if he is not scoring runs, I would rather have Rahane who is a proven performer in the IPL at that position. Kohli loves playing against Australia and you can just see that from his body language when he arrives at the crease. It is always good to see him in the runs. Also decent hitting by Dhoni at the end.

It was surprising when some people here wanted Irfan Pathan instead of Bumrah when the initial news came up on his selection. Bumrah is exciting and I was happy when he replaced Shami because I have seen him bowl in domestic matches and he is an effort bowler which you don't normally find in India. He hits the deck hard and of course has a good yorker. So it is good to see him doing well. I was happy that Ashwin was finally given a chance because he is our best bowler. He has to be there in all the formats. He bowled well with Jadeja. Nehra wasn't too bad but need to show a bit more improvement to push for that World T20 spot. Hardik Pandya was all over the place but I don't mind. I feel that he is the all-rounder we are looking for in limited overs format. Yes he was nervous but was bowling at a lively pace and hopefully he gets a few more chances. Again, it was a bit too much pressure on him to be the third seamer in your very first match but I think he will improve with more experience.

The main thing now is to go on and win the series and not gift Australia the next match. Our inexperienced players are learning but it is important to get a positive result once in a while to keep the morale high in the dressing room.

Back on Hardik Pandya, he has all the qualities to be the next super star of the Indian cricket. However, he needs to stay focused to reach to that stage. From whatever little I have seen of him, he looks like a player full of potential but can get distracted very easily. Things can go to his head very quickly. I hope that's not the case and he keeps himself busy and focused. Because if he does that, India is surely looking at their next all-rounder whom we have been trying to find since years now. Also he will be a perfect fit under the aggressive era of Kohli. However, I am happy that he has debuted under Dhoni and can hopefully learn to calm himself in pressure situations.

On Australia, if you are collapsing against Indian spinners in Australia, I don't know how they will fare against them in India. I am a big fan of Chris Lynn but he struggled against spinners yesterday but as soon as Hardik came back, he smoked him for a six. Again this is because they don't get the quality of spinners like Ashwin and Jadeja in big bash but it will be interesting to see how their batsmen performs against spinners in WT20.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Finally... Something to cheer about. A good win for India. Serves as a template for our World T20 campaign. On a wicket that afforded turn, India looked dangerous and more at home. That gives a good vibe for the World T20 which will be held at home. With Ashwin, Jadeja and Harbhajan, India can have a good time at home if they play well. Pandya came back well after that first over of nerves and he looks good. Would have liked to see Yuvraj get a hit (Dhoni desperately tried to justify himself coming ahead of Yuvraj, to avoid controversy :D) but he will get it soon. Raina's runs will do him a world of good.

Hope this continues. A T20 series win would bring big cheer especially when we are playing the World T20 in a few months.

PokerAce

Banned
It was always important to start with a win because we lost the ODI series even after putting on a decent show. So good start for us in the series. Rohit took his chances early on and played fearlessly which was good to see. Dhawan needs to score runs to stay in the line-up. Rahane is injured but if he is fit, I would swap him with Dhawan since I haven't seen any notable performances from Dhawan in T20 format. I know Shastri and Dhoni likes a left hander in the top order but if he is not scoring runs, I would rather have Rahane who is a proven performer in the IPL at that position. Kohli loves playing against Australia and you can just see that from his body language when he arrives at the crease. It is always good to see him in the runs. Also decent hitting by Dhoni at the end.

It was surprising when some people here wanted Irfan Pathan instead of Bumrah when the initial news came up on his selection. Bumrah is exciting and I was happy when he replaced Shami because I have seen him bowl in domestic matches and he is an effort bowler which you don't normally find in India. He hits the deck hard and of course has a good yorker. So it is good to see him doing well. I was happy that Ashwin was finally given a chance because he is our best bowler. He has to be there in all the formats. He bowled well with Jadeja. Nehra wasn't too bad but need to show a bit more improvement to push for that World T20 spot. Hardik Pandya was all over the place but I don't mind. I feel that he is the all-rounder we are looking for in limited overs format. Yes he was nervous but was bowling at a lively pace and hopefully he gets a few more chances. Again, it was a bit too much pressure on him to be the third seamer in your very first match but I think he will improve with more experience.

The main thing now is to go on and win the series and not gift Australia the next match. Our inexperienced players are learning but it is important to get a positive result once in a while to keep the morale high in the dressing room.

Back on Hardik Pandya, he has all the qualities to be the next super star of the Indian cricket. However, he needs to stay focused to reach to that stage. From whatever little I have seen of him, he looks like a player full of potential but can get distracted very easily. Things can go to his head very quickly. I hope that's not the case and he keeps himself busy and focused. Because if he does that, India is surely looking at their next all-rounder whom we have been trying to find since years now. Also he will be a perfect fit under the aggressive era of Kohli. However, I am happy that he has debuted under Dhoni and can hopefully learn to calm himself in pressure situations.

On Australia, if you are collapsing against Indian spinners in Australia, I don't know how they will fare against them in India. I am a big fan of Chris Lynn but he struggled against spinners yesterday but as soon as Hardik came back, he smoked him for a six. Again this is because they don't get the quality of spinners like Ashwin and Jadeja in big bash but it will be interesting to see how their batsmen performs against spinners in WT20.

I am surprised you ahve so much praise for Pandaya. Did u see the game, he had a shocker with the ball. Yes he got two wickets but that can happen in T20, but he was wayward as hell. I think he bowled like 5 wides in an over at one point.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I am surprised you ahve so much praise for Pandaya. Did u see the game, he had a shocker with the ball. Yes he got two wickets but that can happen in T20, but he was wayward as hell. I think he bowled like 5 wides in an over at one point.

Yes, of course he was horrible in that first over. He came back in his last 2 overs but still was nowhere near good enough. However, we also need to understand that it was his first game and there were some nerves. However, I am saying that in our domestic cricket right now, he is the closest to a limited over format all-rounder we have. He has all the qualities but as I mentioned in my last post, he needs to stay focused. Of course Rishi Dhawan is there but he is not the batsman that we need in limited over format. This is because he won't score runs fast enough. Right now, what our ODI team lacks is a good 6 and 7 who can support Dhoni and score the runs from very first ball. Raina is someone who can do that and Hardik is another who is capable of doing that. So again, it's just a gamble but we need to take it because we desperately need someone like him to balance the line-up.

PokerAce

Banned
I am not questioning Pandaya's ability, but merely pointing out that his performance today was not that great, poor infact. If he improves from here on they great.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks like its the last game for Shaun Tait.
150 kph has no effect on Indian batsman. They are using the pace really well.
And middle order batsman also failed.
We need Maxwell there.
89/1 , 8.5 over
Great start from top orders but due to inexperienced middle order we failed to chase an easy target.
Missed Bailey & Maxwell today.

PokerAce

Banned
Looks like its the last game for Shaun Tait.
150 kph has no effect on Indian batsman. They are using the pace really well.
And middle order batsman also failed.
We need Maxwell there.
89/1 , 8.5 over
Great start from top orders but due to inexperienced middle order we failed to chase an easy target.
Missed Bailey & Maxwell today.

Interesting ... your profile says national team = India

Then you say "We" need Maxwell, and "We" failed to chase an easy target. Thereby clearly showing you identify yourself with Australia. Nothing wrong with that, but what kind of support is that - to root for one country and and then have the flag of the country they are playing against as the National Team you support.

Nothing wrong with supporting Australia. Just put up the Aus flag under the national team on your profile.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Interesting ... your profile says national team = India

Then you say "We" need Maxwell, and "We" failed to chase an easy target. Thereby clearly showing you identify yourself with Australia. Nothing wrong with that, but what kind of support is that - to root for one country and and then have the flag of the country they are playing against as the National Team you support.

Nothing wrong with supporting Australia. Just put up the Aus flag under the national team on your profile.
I am an Indian but i support cricket Australia.
I am with the old Indian lineup. and upcoming youngsters.
Just hate the recent squad team India going for past 2 3 years.
And they wont change until Dhoni leading them.

PokerAce

Banned
I am an Indian but i support cricket Australia.
I am with the old Indian lineup. and upcoming youngsters.
Just hate the recent squad team India going for past 2 3 years.
And they wont change until Dhoni leading them.

Again nothing wrong with supporting Australia or anyone, but what kind of support is this - stick with the side when you think they are doing well, and support another side (in fact the very side they are playing against) when you think they are not good enough.

I dont want to be too harsh, and of course you are free to do what you want and like, but this is the very definition of fickle and warm weather fan, surely.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Again nothing wrong with supporting Australia or anyone, but what kind of support is this - stick with the side when you think they are doing well, and support another side (in fact the very side they are playing against) when you think they are not good enough.

I dont want to be too harsh, and of course you are free to do what you want and like, but this is the very definition of fickle and warm weather fan, surely.
I didn't goes to Australia when India team became weak.
I support india Australia both from the beginning.
Actually more to Australia.
When it comes to aus vs ind i support aus.
when ind vs some other country then i support ind.
I am a big fan of gautam gambhir.
There is nothing like fickle warm weather plastic fan.
I am not against my india.
I am against corrupted team management.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I didn't goes to Australia when India team became weak.
Okay.

I support india Australia both from the beginning.
Weird. I like 2 teams but supports one.

Actually more to Australia.
okay

When it comes to aus vs ind i support aus.
That makes sense.

when ind vs some other country then i support ind.
Who did you support in IND v AUS WC QF ?

Users who are viewing this thread