Mar 25 - South Africa v New Zealand (Quarter-Final 3)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good to see NZ looking full strength, hope they put up a fight, but sadly I think Saf will do it easy batting or bowling first.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kyle Mills is injured still I believe

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well this is interesting. Batting first and Woodcock playing.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Goodness don't bat first. NZ don't often do too well when they set a total. They are much better chasing. And with the lineup they've decided to go with someone just has to make a big score, they just must.

West Indies were shot out for 112 here batting first against Pakistan. So far both quarter finals have been won by the team batting second. Hope NZ buck the trend.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
If NZ do beat South Africa, I imagine you'll be seeing and hearing the tag 'chokers' a lot.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Damn, no Mills indeed. Glad to see Vettori anyway, he can save the batting when the collapse occurs, and hopefully turn the game with the ball.. :facepalm

---

fearsome tweak McCullum gone already.. Guptil better hang around.

Last edited:

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
If they lose this match comprehensively then i think it'll be not choking but Worst Performance.And credit should be given to the NZL not SA's choking ability

----------

What was that Mccullum? :spy

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Ha! I was just writing, when McCullum got out, that he really needs to show that he make big scores against proper opposition instead of racing up tons against minnows.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I hope Ryder plays all the most ridiculous shots in the world and scores an 80 ball tonne.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What a find Peterson has been for SA. While opening with your spinner has become the common thing, I've been very impressed by SA being willing to do this given only a few years ago they would be lucky to play a spinner.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Good to see Peterson performing and proving his critics wrong...he's been one of my "babies" for a long time now.
"Babies" = players who I care about enough to follow the progress of their numbers from "nobody" to "someone".

Users who are viewing this thread