Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
We are into May and still this game hasn't been announced officially. Obviously there is a game in development, but it is highly unlikely that it will be released by the time the Ashes start. More likely that it is released later in the year.

Apparently not. They're using the BLIC2007 code.

oh nooooooooo
lets hope they like cricket and know how it works , when they work on blic2007 code , eg front and back foot shots and you choose which one :cool:

At first he says that they're going from scratch, and next he says we've had a lot of "input" from Codemasters. These people do know how to confuse even the smartest of people eh? :p

I was under the initial impression they were building from scratch but I was corrected by someone in the know. Not sure how many similarities there will be.

Im pretty sure they got a group of about 40 people in that are both cricket and video game fans to give input into what they think is important for the game... the input the got is probably just to keep the feel of the BLIC/RPIC games. From what i understand codies normally wait for as long as possible to announce their cricket titles. but we will see what happens... i do agree with you that it looks a little unlikely that it will be released in july unless an announcement is made really soon.

In which case the whole Ashes license and game title will be wasted. The Ashes start 8th July - the game has got to be released before the second Test you feel.

In which case the whole Ashes license and game title will be wasted. The Ashes start 8th July - the game has got to be released before the second Test you feel.
Yeah I totally agree. Ashes license must be quite expensive. If codies have paid for it, they will not waste their money. The game should be announced in june I guess.

Well it should be any week if not day now because its about to get into ashes hype time. lol. I hope anyway.

Expect an announcement next week relating to a Codemasters Cricket game.

Expect an announcement next week relating to a Codemasters Cricket game.
Well, there is an announcement for Codemasters' Cricket Game coming this month. Please note my words carefully:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread