Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loved the looked of Riaz since his debut 5-for in ENG last summer. That spell of his of course reminded me/us so much of the many times in the 90s when Wasim/Waqr would skate through sides with reverse-swing on flat/wearing pitches.

I tell ya if Aamir & Asif came back, an attack of Aamir/Asif/Gul/Riaz of a seaming/bouncy pitch is freaking scary. :eek:

This attack was very scary in English condition. If fielders took their catches, results of those matches would have much more in favor of Pakistan.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Really happy for Pakistan team. They deserve this win. No controversy nothing and a great win. Newzealand deserves only playing against Zimbabwe now :p

Yep no controversy yet, but we do still have 1 Test and 6 ODI's remaining so let's not count it out yet :P

Bowling was never going to be a worry for Pakistan, it was mainly batting and fielding. Batsman did quite well, and the fielding was overall good with just 1 dropped catch. There were direct hits! Not used to seeing that with Pakistani fielding.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
there's only so much you can endure as a kiwi fan, the talent is there but no one ever fulfills it these days. :(

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I agree - already saw what Amir+Asif+Gul/Riaz can do this summer. The left-arm swing of Amir, seam+accuracy of Asif, pace+aggression of Riaz and reverse swing of Gul just about equals the perfect pace attack.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see it.

send2yaari said:
This attack was very scary in English condition. If fielders took their catches, results of those matches would have much more in favor of Pakistan.

Ye fellas i actually meant all 4 of them playing together. Which unfortunately yes world cricket may never see.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Riaz has surely impressed with this pace. He was always a yard quicker than most expected but he has added an extra yard or two lately. His slinging action aids him in reverse but he must learn to swing the new ball as well. I have previously seen him bowl inswingers to right handers. Rahman was also brilliant with his left arm spin. The most amazing thing about Pakistan was their fielding in this match. I think that is what can keep us winning more matches in any format.
Misbah is exhibiting good leadership skills and there are already calls for him being named ODI captain for the World cup. I don't think that is the way to go atm.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Pakistan seem to have abundant bowling talent, if they improve their consistency and be controversy free :p, they can be a very competitive unit.

But it wouldn't be a surprise if they lose next match by an innings, but i guess that can't happen against NZ.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
tbh you have to give their batting stocks some respect as well. I know they are well shoddy with the bat quite often, but it's been the guys we know are good players as well.

they seem to just endlessly pulling batsmen from nowhere and they've not been too bad. azhar ali is settling in, and this shafiq guy looks alright too.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
tbh you have to give their batting stocks some respect as well. I know they are well shoddy with the bat quite often, but it's been the guys we know are good players as well.

they seem to just endlessly pulling batsmen from nowhere and they've not been too bad. azhar ali is settling in, and this shafiq guy looks alright too.

It is always difficult for a batting lineup to build from scratch but it is the case for Pakistan. PCB selectors and the whole board under Mr. Butt are the major reason for such a shaky batting.
If you see Pakistan's batting lineup from last 12-16 month, nobody is able to bat permanently and that is only due to PCB. One day they try bloody Imran Farhat, next day foolish Yasir Hameed and now Taufeeq and Hafeez but those who are consistently scoring high in domestic from past 12 months are ignore by PCB.
We say Pakistan players are joke as they one day say "I am retiring" and the next day they will be back in the team but this all is due to this bloody board under Mr. Butt.
For any team it is necessary to work as a unit and you can't be unit if you are changing your team that much often. Best example is of Cook he was quite ordinary against Pakistan but England keep him playing and this really help Cook to get out from his bad form and he played brilliantly against Australia.
Pakistan need to be more consistent in their selection otherwise this team will always remain such so call "unpredictable".

Insomniac

Title Recipient
These are the CRAPPIEST umpires I've ever seen.

First McCullum out LBW when he shouldn't, and then Guptill nicks it, and given not out.

Daryl Harper, you're an idiot

Chewie

BCCI President
Would have much preferred Guptill to be out than McCullum tbh. Though Guptill is not looking too bad at the moment

Chewie

BCCI President
lol they heard you but he got smashed

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Well, atleast Riaz is on now.

Hopefully Rehman can get some purchase off the pitch and rattle NZ again - thats what happened in the last game.

----------

Wow, what umpiring -_-

I thought Harper was gonna give it not out again

Users who are viewing this thread