Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

SilverFox

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Don't worry Big Ant... all those who are arguing and being critical will probably still buy your next cricket iteration.

Keep up the good work and once again, thank you for listening to us gamers.

Currently on a SA vs India tour where I'm playing my friend online...

Finished the 3-match 15 over series against him, in which I lost 2-1 :noway , but now it's time for the 2-match 5 over "bash it up" series :).

Tour will end with a 40 over per day 5-day test.

We shortened the 50 over, 20/20 and test match versions coz of life demands, but it's working for us :).

I know I shouldn't be posting all that info on this thread, but I just want you guys to know that even though there is no patch 2 as yet, the game is very playable and hugely enjoyable. Once patch 2 is out, it's gonna be even better.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I didn't say that the game wasn't the best cricket game to be released. For goodness sake what is the matter with you people?
I was just saying that the game was released with a lot of known issues which BA are duty bound to at least fix what wasn't right. What's wrong with that?
Why am I rude and churlish?

I said you are coming across as such. Whether that is intentional or not is a different issue.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The game was playable.

We patched it to make it better.

We are patching again to make it even better and add features.

We will patch again to add some features.

So your point is?

----------

We have listened to people here and they have had their ideas added to the game. I like that.

----------

Quarter time, listening to the footy and we're getting killed otherwise wouldn't bother...
The game was playable, but the you patched it to try to remove some of the bugs, as well as to make it better.
The game was released with you knowing that it needed patching, which is why you are patching it. Am I not correct?
If it helps, I appreciate the extras that are due with patch 2 and patch 3 but I wasn't commenting on those.
I am not criticising a game that I like very much, just saying that you are doing exactly what the game required. I don't see any justification for the smart arse comments from some of your sidekicks.

Last edited:

DS1994

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
In the patch, there are some changes to career mode (ie. you can move up and down the batting order). Will these changes happen with a current career mode or only those started after the patch?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ah here we go again.

All the knights in shining armour come to the rescue of the "poor old developer"

Walks away shaking my head.:facepalm:facepalm

PS> BigAntStudios , thanks for all the effort and the after sales support , THATS what will keep us all coming for more . With all the frustrations , there is much much more good stuff happening in this game.
@BigAntStudios

Are the patches released any day of the week , or only on Fridays ??

Last edited:

adikal

Club Captain
@Ross If you would like to read my original post again, that was my point. i.e.
The game was released with you knowing that it needed patching, which is why you are patching it. Am I not correct?
If it helps, I appreciate the extras that are due with patch 2 and patch 3 but I wasn't commenting on those.
I am not criticising a game that I like very much, just saying that you are doing exactly what the game required. I don't see any justification for the smart arse comments from some of your sidekicks.

There are so many flaws in your argument, let's break them down one by one.

1. You've obviously never written a line of code in your life. If you did, you would know that any complex software program is going to have some bugs in it. In other words, any game of this magnitude is going to require some patches. If every game developer decided to not release a game because he/she knows it would need patching, there would be no games released.

2. You are somehow implying that BigAnt released the game in an unplayable state intentionally (and hence are somehow duty-bound to fix it). This of course is completely illogical. Why would any game developer do this? Isn't it more likely that there were some big bugs missed (unintentionally) and these were then fixed in the first patch? (Look up Occcam's razor).

3. You are assuming that anyone who is against your argument is a BigAnt fanboy/sidekick. Wrong. I think we would be prefer to be called 'rational'

Now if you have problems with the game and can provide constructive criticism, that is great (as I and many others have done here). Being all high and mighty about what BigAnt is supposed to do etc is neither sensible nor helpful.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can patches be approved on any day or only done on fridays??

rygers

School Cricketer
Jeez, the rate of escalation on this forum (actually, the internet in general) is at times ridiculous. I've been through it all before, @zombieian if you haven't gotten the answer you want by now it ain't coming. It's just going to get worse. The sidekicks are always quick to wade in and more often than not it all goes a bit schoolyard.

Considering what I paid for the game I think the level of service we are getting SHOULD be expected. I didn't feel there were any game breaking bugs in the released console version but getting run out because of a dodge animation and being given out lbw when I reviewed and a clear edge is shown was enough to make me rage quit. Multiple times. The difference between this and other games is that I have confidence that the problems encountered will be fixed at some point.

In the end the patches are great and add to a really solid foundation. I appreciate all the fixes and improvements that have already been applied and I'm sure the support won't end any time soon. Can't argue with that.

zombieian

International Coach
There are so many flaws in your argument, let's break them down one by one.

1. You've obviously never written a line of code in your life. If you did, you would know that any complex software program is going to have some bugs in it. In other words, any game of this magnitude is going to require some patches. If every game developer decided to not release a game because he/she knows it would need patching, there would be no games released.

2. You are somehow implying that BigAnt released the game in an unplayable state intentionally (and hence are somehow duty-bound to fix it). This of course is completely illogical. Why would any game developer do this? Isn't it more likely that there were some big bugs missed (unintentionally) and these were then fixed in the first patch? (Look up Occcam's razor).

3. You are assuming that anyone who is against your argument is a BigAnt fanboy/sidekick. Wrong. I think we would be prefer to be called 'rational'

Now if you have problems with the game and can provide constructive criticism, that is great (as I and many others have done here). Being all high and mighty about what BigAnt is supposed to do etc is neither sensible nor helpful.

Nor is being patronising.
So you can understand: I stated that we shouldn't be grateful for a patch to make the game acceptable. In its original form the game was playable but had issues that shouldn't have been present. With better play testing or putting the game out as early access there wouldn't have been a problem with the launch edition. Certain issues with the game were pretty easy to spot after playing the game for 15 minutes, which is why I cannot understand how they could possibly have been missed. I am not the only person to state this.
I didn't say that the game was released unplayable intentionally. I said that it was released by BA knowing that there were issues with it.

Regarding your comment about fanboys. No, I don't think people who disagree with my comments are fanboys.
My definition is someone who accepts a slightly bugged product without criticism and spends his time on this forum brown nosing the devs and their henchmen.

----------

Jeez, the rate of escalation on this forum (actually, the internet in general) is at times ridiculous. I've been through it all before, @zombieian if you haven't gotten the answer you want by now it ain't coming. It's just going to get worse. The sidekicks are always quick to wade in and more often than not it all goes a bit schoolyard.

Considering what I paid for the game I think the level of service we are getting SHOULD be expected. I didn't feel there were any game breaking bugs in the released console version but getting run out because of a dodge animation and being given out lbw when I reviewed and a clear edge is shown was enough to make me rage quit. Multiple times. The difference between this and other games is that I have confidence that the problems encountered will be fixed at some point.

In the end the patches are great and add to a really solid foundation. I appreciate all the fixes and improvements that have already been applied and I'm sure the support won't end any time soon. Can't argue with that.

I didn't want an answer to anything, as I wasn't asking a question.
Yes, a good dev should support his product and this is what BA are doing. I didn't criticise the game and have never done so. The clear faults should have been patched, and they are being patched. That's why I don't think, after paying top dollar for the game, we should be grateful.
Everything else that comes along on the back of the patches, yes, I am very grateful.
I don't understand why everyone gets so hot under the collar about a simple statement.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
#DepressingBore

I'd hate to wake up as you, Z, honestly.

They're patching a mobileing game for our enjoyment, they're doing it because they know it can be better and because they give a shit. How anyone can view this as anything other than a good thing baffles me beyond all comprehension.

Get a grip, son.

If anyone wants to know why I don't bother with this place as much it's because of exhibit mobilein' Z up there.

I plead the Snowy amendment to this post.

rygers

School Cricketer
I didn't want an answer to anything, as I wasn't asking a question.
Yes, a good dev should support his product and this is what BA are doing. I didn't criticise the game and have never done so. The clear faults should have been patched, and they are being patched. That's why I don't think, after paying top dollar for the game, we should be grateful.
Everything else that comes along on the back of the patches, yes, I am very grateful.
I don't understand why everyone gets so hot under the collar about a simple statement.

Wasn't having a pop buddy. If anything I sympathise with you. That's what I was getting at by saying the level of service we are getting is to be expected considering what we paid for the game.

Let's all just calm down and go back to NOT pressing "cancel run" to avoid being run out. Because that whole argument the other day was totally reasonable.

But it's being fixed so happy days :)

zombieian

International Coach
#DepressingBore

I'd hate to wake up as you, Z, honestly.

They're patching a mobileing game for our enjoyment, they're doing it because they know it can be better and because they give a shit. How anyone can view this as anything other than a good thing baffles me beyond all comprehension.

Get a grip, son.

If anyone wants to know why I don't bother with this place as much it's because of exhibit mobilein' Z up there.

I plead the Snowy amendment to this post.

And how does that go against anything I have said?
I didn't say it wasn't a good thing did I?
I think you 'prolly' moan about anything I say, just for the hell of it 'B'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread