Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Haynes123

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for the answers Chief and ellgieff, I am no expert on these technical stuff and processes, but thank you for clarifying it to me!

CallyT

School Cricketer
Just wondering if you have reached this conclusion based on your extensive inside knowledge of the submission process or your extensive experience in childish rants.

Actually reached it on vast experience as a successful business operator. Its is more a post pointing out what happens when two business's can manipulate / control a market. I.e Sony / Microsoft

Last edited:

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Actually reached it on vast experience as a successful business operator. Its is more a post pointing out what happens when two business's can manipulate / control a market. I.e Sony / Microsoft

Irrespective of who's actual fault it is

This is the part of your original post that slightly irked me. my response was more tongue in cheek.
The process is the process. It's the same for every patch for every game. I am at a loss to understand what on earth you are talking about in regards to manipulation.... It's their platform, they make the rules and guidelines...it's pretty simple.

border33

Club Captain
no we did not consider that as a run out. I see there is a new version for sale still made by crown & Andrews, but don't think I will get it South Africa, would love to buy it

Don't bother - it's horrible now. There's no chute and there's a hard plastic ball that bounces down the pitch!

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don't bother - it's horrible now. There's no chute and there's a hard plastic ball that bounces down the pitch!

Damn, that sucks. I might have a look on ebay next month for an old 80s one. I actually had it twice as bits of the first one got lost/broken when we moved house.

Haynes123

Club Captain

ah that is not cricket!

----------

Damn, that sucks. I might have a look on ebay next month for an old 80s one. I actually had it twice as bits of the first one got lost/broken when we moved house.

I had the old original one, and then there was one thereafter, the newer version early 90's. Both still at my parents house in my old room after all these years, but not much is working as we played it to pieces

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have the original still up in my loft, I made a bigger pitch out of an old subbuteo pitch and painted the different fielders in the 92 World Cup kits!! I even had a scoreboard!! May have to dig it out for the kids to have a go at. I'm really looking forward to tabletop cricket.

Cobhamcc

Banned
We've been past patch#2 for at least six weeks now, working towards patch#3 - PC is now getting the incremental updates as we make them.

These will be bundled up and will form patch#3 for console.

Who gives a shit about patch 3 when we still don't have Patch 2 on console yet.
I don't care if microsoft haven't passed the patch yet just get it out on PS3.
I am now slowly loosing faith in Bigant as it looks like there will never be a patch 2 or 3 on console, where as there primary market (PC) get updates all the time.

Now I'm not one to complain as this is a great game but come on this wanky deal you have to release patches simultaneously on both platforms is wrong. I know there will be 1 or more of you saying if its broke on one it will be broke on both. YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS!

Now all I ask is that we get the same treatment as PC users and we have the patch on the platform its been passed on.

Yes I can have it on PC as well but why should I give Bigant more of my money for an slightly updated and slightly fixed game

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am now slowly loosing faith in Bigant as it looks like there will never be a patch 2 or 3 on console, where as there primary market (PC) get updates all the time.

Now I'm not one to complain as this is a great game but come on this wanky deal you have to release patches simultaneously on both platforms is wrong. I know there will be 1 or more of you saying if its broke on one it will be broke on both. YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS!

Now all I ask is that we get the same treatment as PC users and we have the patch on the platform its been passed on.

Yes I can have it on PC as well but why should I give Bigant more of my money for an slightly updated and slightly fixed game

:thumbs

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I know there will be 1 or more of you saying if its broke on one it will be broke on both. YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS!
Patch passed one platform holder (as previously announced) however has failed the other one due to a scenario where if patching while half way through a match in career mode there is an opportunity for the save file to corrupt and not be readable.

This bug appears to be on both platforms, so regardless of the one platform pass we cannot let this potential issue into the wild. We are to resubmit to both platform as soon as possible.

But it sure is likely.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Would laugh so much if it was Sony holding up proceedings and Microsoft passed it, and Ross decides to follow your advice so all 360 owners get to enjoy playing game whilst you 'seeth' behind your keyboard :D

On a more serious note, you are not owed anything. No one forced you to buy game, you could have waited to see what issues there were with game before a purchase. You didn't, you bought it, so tough really :rolleyes

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Look at the bright side , when they fail it again , Bigantstudios can include patch3 and 4 stuff before they re-submit.:lol:lol

This would be an exceedingly bad idea. :) Changing ANYTHING risks breaking something. Given it has been failed several times already you don't change anything unless it's flagged by platform holders.

Cobhamcc

Banned
zimrahil
If it was Sony holding it up I would still say the same thing. Get it out on the console that passed it.

I'm not seething behind my keyboard and I never said I was owed anything. But if something is broken when you buy it you are within your consumer rights to have a fully working product.
Which by your attitude I can tell you have no idea about customer services or the retail trade, So go back to mummy's basement drink coke and eat pizza

Users who are viewing this thread