Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Bring back those 2 drongos from Cricket 96 I say... Anyone have a "where are they now?" special on those 2?

"Straight through him like a hot curry"

Shane109

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bring back those 2 drongos from Cricket 96 I say... Anyone have a "where are they now?" special on those 2?

"Straight through him like a hot curry"

"Yeeeeess, he put the hand out, the ball stuck, another one's on his way back to the pavilion, ho-ho I'm bloody excited now!"

BononFi__er

School Cricketer
Different strokes for different folks I think. I find him to be the most bearable Aussie commentator. My all-time favourite is Bill Lawry though hands down but I know that can't happen for many reasons, the least of which isn't his health and age. I quite like Mike Atherton too actually and Hussain. Bumbles would be absolute brilliance.

It's bad enough having to listen to Lloyd and Hussain when I'm at work without hearing them at home as well! Atherton, Cork and Gower great but ahead of them all is one man.... Michael Holding.

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Too bad the same approach didn't apply to the initial release of the game. Some of these things are inexcusable to have been shipped with these pro

There are whispers:spy that DBC 14 married ashes Cricket 13. Outcome was dbc 17.

D

Deleted member 46200

There are whispers:spy that DBC 14 married ashes Cricket 13. Outcome was dbc 17.
Wow, where the f*ck did that come from??? and I thought I spoke bollocks... That's just a piss poor statement, being fair if it was in the comedy thread I would roll on the floor laughing but you're serious... Are you...?

D

Deleted member 46200

There are whispers that your arse and mouth got mixed up and the outcome was your posts....
Ah, don't be harsh, they've either been chasing the dragon or the absinth. But it maybe the ginger bitch from my cricket team she get's drunk and makes stuff up... Cat's have thumbs and, well, other stuff...

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's bad enough having to listen to Lloyd and Hussain when I'm at work without hearing them at home as well! Atherton, Cork and Gower great but ahead of them all is one man.... Michael Holding.
I'm with you on Atherton, Cork, Gower and especially Holding. I just think it's nice to hear some commetators, particularly with cricket, who don't take them too seriously like Hussain and Lloyd.

EDIT: Just keep Laxman Sivaramakrishnan away from the microphone please...no offense.

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Please refrain from having negative opinion about this game you'll upset the little band of big ant cheerleaders. DBC 17 is quite clearly the greatest computer game of all time not even Half Life can compare

D

Deleted member 46200

Please refrain from having negative opinion about this game you'll upset the little band of big ant cheerleaders. DBC 17 is quite clearly the greatest computer game of all time not even Half Life can compare
He is talking over the top bollocks but you know what happens when you take on the establishment...? No golf for me on Saturday morning!

BononFi__er

School Cricketer
He is talking over the top bollocks but you know what happens when you take on the establishment...? No golf for me on Saturday morning!

Well, of course no golf, EA have stopped supporting Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. I'm just happy to have a cricket game on console again, and the wait for patch 4 gives me time to find real names and stats for the Women's domestic teams before I start my career so win-win.

lurk

School Cricketer
i think the only thing that would make me give on DBC forever is having to listen to Mark Nicholas. the commentary is way too dry imho (quite apart from all its other failings). i quite like the commentary team on new zealand tv, don't take themselves too seriously unlike the aussie and indian commentators but know their stuff.

i'm happily surprised patch 4 is coming so soon. the way i see it is that cricket is a niche sport so only a niche developer will take it on. as mentioned by others they don't have resources/money to delay a release for ever but they do listen to us and they stick with it. i look upon it as more of a crowd funding thing than a usual top-tier ea release. invest in the game and they can make it better, don't and there won't be one.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would have been an immense pleasure to listen to our Good Old Richie Benaud in the backdrop of DBC 17. I wonder if BA can buy some of his recordings from EA and other sports channels. Classic team players like me should love this idea I guess! Apart from all, Mr. M. Holding and D. Morrison will be my picking for a commentary team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread