Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dousmith111

School Cricketer
I see it this way, not many studios are enthu about creating a cricket game. I would choose a more diplomatic tone to raise your concern rather than make it "u cheated me", give me my 80 bucks back. it take a lot to program these, don't push them so much that they are not motivated enough to create another one in the future

D

Deleted member 46200

I see it this way, not many studios are enthu about creating a cricket game. I would choose a more diplomatic tone to raise your concern rather than make it "u cheated me", give me my 80 bucks back. it take a lot to program these, don't push them so much that they are not motivated enough to create another one in the future
Who are you quoting? I can't see this post anywhere in the past week? Are you talking weeks as I feel it's been dusted and done, calm down dear. Patch news has been posted for around a week.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Especially against Australia!!

Looking forward to the patch though... Hopefully it sorts out the majority of peoples gripes while adding in a few enhancements. TBH I don't experience much wrong with the game and what I do I deem superficial enough not to annoy me. Fixing the timing indicators would be a huge advancement in easing the learning curve though. All greens shouldn't result in getting out unless its hit straight to a fielder (then you could argue it's not an ideal shot :P)

I suppose you dont play competive online , otherwhise your irritation level would be sky rocketing every now and again , when fields dont stick , keeper goes into zombie mode and cannot field and throws , resulting in an average of 16 runs per Pro20 gifted to the opposition etc etc.

It depends hugely which form of the game you play , and what you want to get out of the game .

graham

Club Captain
Great news but no surprise big ant have done there best to sort out Don bradman games , obviously
they are held back by financial constraints being a smaller games company.
In hind site it might have been better to wait a few months to release don bradman 17 , i feel it hurt sales and being a complex game for some newbies its might of put some off.
I have bought all versions and will continue to support them if there are any future cricket releases and any tennis games that might come out!
I have not played Don bradman 17 for 2 months being holding out for patch 4 , so looking forward to the release.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great news but no surprise big ant have done there best to sort out Don bradman games , obviously
they are held back by financial constraints being a smaller games company.
In hind site it might have been better to wait a few months to release don bradman 17 , i feel it hurt sales and being a complex game for some newbies its might of put some off.
I have bought all versions and will continue to support them if there are any future cricket releases and any tennis games that might come out!
I have not played Don bradman 17 for 2 months being holding out for patch 4 , so looking forward to the release.

I think What I know , you were Long term player of CC series , Before DBC14 I was Regular Player of CC I am still Regular Buyer of CC series , Although If DBC 17 Could Have 60-70 % Stats of CC series , The game could become the new generation Game .

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
BigAnt, get rid of Mike Howard from commentary and bring back David Basheer if you want positive reviews. He single handedly ruined the game in my opinion. I understand you cant afford to hire someone like Mark Nicholas but David Basheer was a pretty good commentator. BTW this advice is for the next DBC installment.
For a next title if Mark Nicholas could be used that would be awesome. I understand that it might cost a lot more and might not be doable but he is among my favourite cricket commentators. Just a thought.

D

Deleted member 46200

For a next title if Mark Nicholas could be used that would be awesome. I understand that it might cost a lot more and might not be doable but he is among my favourite cricket commentators. Just a thought.
Who want's that tosser...? I find him irritating. And no to Bob Willis!!!

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Who want's that tosser...? I find him irritating. And no to Bob Willis!!!
Different strokes for different folks I think. I find him to be the most bearable Aussie commentator. My all-time favourite is Bill Lawry though hands down but I know that can't happen for many reasons, the least of which isn't his health and age. I quite like Mike Atherton too actually and Hussain. Bumbles would be absolute brilliance.

Last edited:

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Different strokes for different folks I think. I find him to be the most bearable Aussie commentator. My all-time favourite is Bill Lawry though hands down but I know that can't happen for many reasons, the least of which isn't his health and age. I quite like Mike Atherton too actually and Hussain. Bumbles would be absolute brilliance.
and Danny Morrison for t20 games.

D

Deleted member 46200

He's as English, as anal retention, bad teeth and wet summers!

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Different strokes for different folks I think. I find him to be the most bearable Aussie commentator.

Australian commentator. LMAO!!

You mean a commentator in Australia, right? He's English. Captained Hampshire for 10 years.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
But he commentates for Australia even in Ashes so he is an Australian commentator.

He also commentates for Cricket on 5, for Channel 5 over here. Would that not make him an English commentator? In fact he goes on shift for that during his downtime from Nine Network in Australia. Does that mean he's only English for some of the time? Or is he Australian because Cricket on 5 is only a highlights show?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I was only referring to him as an Australian commentator because I've seen him on games for Australia. Was not aware of his work in England. I was making an occupational link there but either way...it's nothing to lose your marbles over.
[DOUBLEPOST=1490831361][/DOUBLEPOST]
You mean a commentator in Australia
That's indeed what I meant, but more so about his affiliation rather than simply being in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread