Not open for further replies.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It should be a huge patch because there are so many bugs in the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1490496289][/DOUBLEPOST]

Big Ant cheated us. It was an early access. Generally early access costs lower than the full released game. They took full money before releasing the full game.

But they did release a full game though. Whether it's working as intended or not is a completely separate issue. It is still a full game. You still have access to all features and game modes that are advertised.

N Jones

Club Captain
I pray to God that this game is finally fixed. My issues are so far...the overthrow's which to be fair have not happened do much recently. The completely wrong stats when your even playing a casual 4 day game .and also I just don't feel confident playing shots on the back foot . I was so looking forward to DB17 after playing the previous game to death and I hope that me sticking with it n not just tossing it away will be rewarded. How do other people feel..?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Brilliant post, brilliant....

Well, I think that releasing the game in the state it was, which leads to such negative reviews, does hurt the reputation of the game and series moving forward.

But okay, what is done is done. Hopefully we can move on with this next patch. I haven't played the game except for a couple after the third patch.

Kamran KARAMAT

School Cricketer
Oh man, hopefully one day they could implement a card based feature into the game ultimate team style, collect players, collectibles I.e stadiums injury cards coaches and team kits. Users then could play each other with the teams they've created and also sell cards in the game on a market. Oh man. Too much?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's great news, and this is the game I will have on both PC and PS4! Fan for a reason!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The game has issues now yes, but to me its not unplayable. I am still enjoying my career mode (yes stats are wrong - but am confident this is an easy fix). There are autoplay AI issues in tests, AI always seems to chase down ridiculous totals to win. Fields need work. But the core gameplay is fun - I reckon with new patch it will be a Great game

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope our older careers get the fix in as well. Would love to be able to continue my career, but honestly as long as things are fixed it's not a major issue. Just something that would be nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1490633546][/DOUBLEPOST]
AI always seems to chase down ridiculous totals to win

This is something that especially irritates me too. 350 on a soft, cracked wicket or a grassy pitch should be fine 99 out of 100 times I think.

gogabutt

Club Captain
BigAnt, get rid of Mike Howard from commentary and bring back David Basheer if you want positive reviews. He single handedly ruined the game in my opinion. I understand you cant afford to hire someone like Mark Nicholas but David Basheer was a pretty good commentator. BTW this advice is for the next DBC installment.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I hope our older careers get the fix in as well. Would love to be able to continue my career, but honestly as long as things are fixed it's not a major issue. Just something that would be nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1490633546][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is something that especially irritates me too. 350 on a soft, cracked wicket or a grassy pitch should be fine 99 out of 100 times I think.

Especially against Australia!!

Looking forward to the patch though... Hopefully it sorts out the majority of peoples gripes while adding in a few enhancements. TBH I don't experience much wrong with the game and what I do I deem superficial enough not to annoy me. Fixing the timing indicators would be a huge advancement in easing the learning curve though. All greens shouldn't result in getting out unless its hit straight to a fielder (then you could argue it's not an ideal shot :P)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Especially against Australia!!

Looking forward to the patch though... Hopefully it sorts out the majority of peoples gripes while adding in a few enhancements. TBH I don't experience much wrong with the game and what I do I deem superficial enough not to annoy me. Fixing the timing indicators would be a huge advancement in easing the learning curve though. All greens shouldn't result in getting out unless its hit straight to a fielder (then you could argue it's not an ideal shot :P)

And the superhuman fielders! It shouldn't be possible for a mere mortal to be able to jump 7ft in the air and catch a ball another 7ft to his side!

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
And the superhuman fielders! It shouldn't be possible for a mere mortal to be able to jump 7ft in the air and catch a ball another 7ft to his side!

You're right, superhuman fielders (particularly the wicket keeper) do have an effect on game play, especially not being able to play behind square against spinners. BUT while annoying, it's not impossible to play around it and still enjoy the game - a bit like the pitches in India ;)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
You're right, superhuman fielders (particularly the wicket keeper) do have an effect on game play, especially not being able to play behind square against spinners. BUT while annoying, it's not impossible to play around it and still enjoy the game - a bit like the pitches in India ;)
at least in online they fixed it so much the keeper cannot take a catch off spin bowling ;) but does take good slip catches (yes the keeper) off spinners if you position him in the back position....

inertSpark

Associate Captain
at least in online they fixed it so much the keeper cannot take a catch off spin bowling ;) but does take good slip catches (yes the keeper) off spinners if you position him in the back position....

We've come a full circle haven't we? I remember the exact same thing in the first 6 to 8 months of DBC 14. A catch at first slip was a really big deal, if it was caught BY first slip.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I was playing a test match in my career. AI chased down 480 odd in just over a day! the run rates in autoplay are also far too high in tests/FC matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread