Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.10), Xbox One (1.0.0.11)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's like going from 1 extreme to the other to many edges with previous patch to now no edges at all
Patch has destroyed game and it now has become boring
Lots of players quitting online because of this
Only the online players asked against edges and Arcade style easy batting again and again.That's what this patch delivered.If realistic gameplay is lost then Only online players may be happy i guess.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Only the online players asked against edges and Arcade style easy batting again and again.That's what this patch delivered.If realistic gameplay is lost then Only online players may be happy i guess.

It’s a conflict of interest for sure...

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone played a match or is everyone just spending their time tweaking sliders?

To be honest I cant keep up with the changes. I have taken the game out of my PS4 so I can play something else. The game has been out for a long time and with every update there is something that has fallen out of place. If BA make another cricket game they can use the main base of Ashes cricket and fix and improve what is required in good time.....preferably not 6 months after release.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah iv continued my SA v SL test.

Shouldn’t have to touch sliders.

It’s not bad by any means, but it’s more forgiving and easier.

Wouldn’t say it was DRASTICALLY easier.

On the new sliders should be as it was prior to update. In my opinion it’s not.

You won’t edge it as much. I’m still edging it but getting away with a lot more.

I was 156/6 on a dusty pitch.. got up to 320.

I preferred pre patch. I preferred the grind.

Anyway regardless. It wasn’t meant to change.

Edit: for what it’s worth. I don’t like it.
I haven't played a great deal of the last patch for a while variety of reasons, I'm guessing the PC version hadn't updated? I've not hadn't any notification.

My issues with it were to do with the AI. Batting was very good, if difficult.

I'm no fan of sliders (those related to the in games physics at least) and prefer to have it as close to default as possible. Can't help but feel they just distract and muddy the waters when it comes to feedback.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I haven't played a great deal of the last patch for a while variety of reasons, I'm guessing the PC version hadn't updated? I've not hadn't any notification.

My issues with it were to do with the AI. Batting was very good, if difficult.

I'm no fan of sliders (those related to the in games physics at least) and prefer to have it as close to default as possible. Can't help but feel they just distract and muddy the waters when it comes to feedback.

It’s also the difference in want between offline and online.

I enjoy grinding out a Test innings when I got nothing else to do etc.

Online very few do that. It’s mostly short sharp slapping it to all parts.

It’s like someone saying they preferred that Real cricket to Ashes Cricket.

So to get a balance is very difficult.

The amount of people that said batting was broken or too many edges in last build. It wasn’t broken it was a case of playing yourself in and playing the ball late and being watchful. However many can’t be arsed.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018

The amount of people that said batting was broken or too many edges in last build. It wasn’t broken it was a case of playing yourself in and playing the ball late and being watchful. However many can’t be arsed.

Speaking in their defence, since most of them seem incapable of making posts without just bawling like babies, don't the online folks mostly play very short formats? Like at least T20 and likely T10 or Fast5 (or w/e the hell it's called in-game). In those formats you probably do need to be able to hit from the word go.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Speaking in their defence, since most of them seem incapable of making posts without just bawling like babies, don't the online folks mostly play very short formats? Like at least T20 and likely T10 or Fast5 (or w/e the hell it's called in-game). In those formats you probably do need to be able to hit from the word go.

Kind of my point mate haha.. different needs and wants!

All very arcadey

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Kind of my point mate haha.. different needs and wants!

Right but I think you are being a bit dismissive saying they "can't be arsed". Those short formats are in the game so they should really be balanced for as well. I always thought the formats were somewhat separate anyway, so you could have different values for things like edge chance for T5/T10/T20/OD/FC but I guess not? I think something like that would be easier to do than trying to tweak things purely for online mode.

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Your missing the point...

It wasn’t meant to change. It wasn’t meant to mean people have to fiddle with sliders.
There are edges now also realistic loving the gameplay offline as well as online great work by big ant team I salute the big ant team.[DOUBLEPOST=1533046187][/DOUBLEPOST]
Online folks plays test matches and Manny custom formats also

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer

Batting was really broken in patch 1.09 there are so Manny vedios In youtube with proof showing that batting was broken great work patch 1.10

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Big ant should help out the offline players they should not have updated to 1.10 as there was no need as they dont play online so big should help them or find a way out so that they can go back to 1.09 patch and online players play with 1.10
I feel the offline players should not have updated the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread