South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think that Faf should be full time captain. He is a pretty good captain and suddenly having AB as the captain may disrupt the mindset that Faf has established. If AB is not captain, he is purely there as a batsman and there is less pressure on him. I think that AB should be captain for the ODI's because AB is a good one day captain.

Also, the allegations aganist Faf with "tampering" the ball is ridiculous. Australia is a good team but they cry like babies when they lose.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
How is he a good ODI captain?
He led South Africa to wins against India and England last year. He's not bad but I'm sure that Australia would have done better if they had Starc and Hazlewood in that last series and Faf would not be looked upon as a good captain than AB.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AB is not a good captain end of. Same goes with Amla. Faf is the only leader in the SA bar maybe Elgar and Cook.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Faf doing the century and then declaring the innings despite the last pair could add some further runs and those one could say that must be valuable runs shows that how aggressive and brave captain he is. Haven't seen such a thing for a long long time. Boy they are head on against Australia!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
He is a pretty good captain and suddenly having AB as the captain may disrupt the mindset that Faf has established

And suddenly removing AB as the captain also doesn't give the right signal. I'm sure Faf will eventually inherit it. By giving the captaincy back to AB, the selectors are giving him a chance to gracefully handover the responsibility to Faf, thereby letting AB not feeling left out/awkward. A win-win situation.

I think that's the only reason AB has been re-instated as captain - to think over and let him decide if he wants to continue or not.

Faf doing the century and then declaring the innings despite the last pair could add some further runs and those one could say that must be valuable runs shows that how aggressive and brave captain he is

Not taking anything away from the decision, I wonder if he would have done that if the series wasn't already in the bag. But I still feel it had got something to do with the ball tampering charge.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ian Healy calling an offcutter a legcutter :lol

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Handscomb 50 on his debut :')

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
RIP Philander !!!

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Renshaw looks like a good talent, his temperament is particularly striking. It is important that the Australian coaching team ensures he doesn't turn into a blocker like Cowan. Handscomb looked very comfortable too. A 50-100 run lead would be massive.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
He led South Africa to wins against India and England last year. He's not bad but I'm sure that Australia would have done better if they had Starc and Hazlewood in that last series and Faf would not be looked upon as a good captain than AB.

That doesn't mean he is a leader. The only person in that South African line-up right now with leadership qualities is Faf. I am not saying this because he had a good tour of Australia but I have said this before as well when Amla stepped down from captaincy. It was a mistake to give captaincy to AB. AB is a brilliant batsman and very passionate but he is not a leader. He should be allowed to focus on just his batting with Faf taking the captainship and QDK taking the gloves. For me, one of Cook or Duminy has to make way for AB once he comes back. Cook is an opener so that looks doubtful so most likely it will be Duminy who will be making way for AB. Amla is also not having a good time in Australia so far. His batting isn't anywhere near where he would like and his catching is also scratchy.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Even though I'm in the pro-Faf camp, I think some of you guys are misusing the word leader to put ABD down, he might not have the tactical acumen of Faf but that doesn't mean he isn't a leader, same goes for Amla. Players simply wouldn't accept someone as their captain if they didn't possess leadership qualities.

Last edited:

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
Really pathetic, this booing after Faf was dismissed. Even the Aussie captain this week said everyone does it, including them - so it's sad to witness it really.

I always thought Aussie crowds were some of the most knowledgeable around in terms of cricket, but I am re-assessing my view on that - pretty sure I was wrong.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
I always thought Aussie crowds were some of the most knowledgeable around in terms of cricket, but I am re-assessing my view on that - pretty sure I was wrong.

The English crowd reacts acknowledgeably to every player IMO !

Users who are viewing this thread