Steam update for DBC17 released

jaym

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can you describe what happened?

2-3 times my bowler deliver the ball and hit the pads of the batsman I appeal and review directly the video shows the ball hitting the pads and it's given not out but I believe it's not pitching outside leg and the ball is low and in the middle I'm sure that's out but it's not given so without DRS it's impossible to know why...

D

Deleted member 46200

Damn this feels great. A pure offspinner's delight! Sorry for poor recording! My, my! After bowling 100s of tireless overs in career, well, here is my first clean bowled victim.

Wonder why bold is not so obvious in dbc 17! :rolleyes but anyway, got my share of joy! Such an awful timing from AI though. Completely misread the delivery!
That's sweet very nice...

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is anyone else having trouble with the game crashing when trying to use the quick select menu (up on the D-pad)? I've had the game crash on me four times in the last 20 minutes or so while trying to change the field layout.
Ditto for me since yesterday's build! :(

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Damn this feels great. A pure offspinner's delight! Sorry for poor recording! My, my! After bowling 100s of tireless overs in career, well, here is my first clean bowled victim.

Wonder why bold is not so obvious in dbc 17! :rolleyes but anyway, got my share of joy! Such an awful timing from AI though. Completely misread the delivery!

Good too see. Which difficulty? Still toiling for one on veteran.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having played around 3 Test Matches(2 on Veteran & 1 on Pro) I have a few suggestions and certainly a few people would agree with me. There are 2 things that need to be toned down.

First, the probability of edges. For the third time in a row I've got the whole team out within 150 or so. 10 out of 10 have been edges. With around 6 being taken by the Spinners each time. Could get them all out in less than 50 overs.

Second, the tendency of the Batsmen to go down the track against the spinners. This is the issue which leads to the first issue at times. Every 2-3 out of 6 balls the batsmen go down the track against the spinners which leads to edges.

At the moment it's too easy to pick wickets against even the Top teams like Australia, England at Veteran Difficulty.

Another issue is that balls have been turning square even on Grassy Pristine pitches, from Over number 15 or so(That's when I brought on the spinners :P ). This may be the reason why so many Wickets are coming from Spinners.

I believe some other users are also playing Test Matches only. Would like to hear their thoughts on my suggestions. @Langeveldt @WealeyH

Sahil180

Club Captain
Thank you Big Ants for the regular updates, its surely making the game much more enjoyable.

As per today's patch note i see that an option to copy uniforms has been added within team manager. I am curious if there is an option to download/copy only uniforms from the academy if not it would be a great addition. As lots of new kits are being shared on a regular basis and as a user i would like to download a certain kit without having to let go off the current one and also without having to download the entire team with players which would change my team which i may have customized.

eg : the new champions trophy kits are uploaded but to download them i will have to download the entire team and it will also replace my regular uniforms. If possible please add an option in the academy to download only uniform.
It won't replace your previous uniform or team, there are custom build for the ct kits

D

Dutch

Having played around 3 Test Matches(2 on Veteran & 1 on Pro) I have a few suggestions and certainly a few people would agree with me. There are 2 things that need to be toned down.

First, the probability of edges. For the third time in a row I've got the whole team out within 150 or so. 10 out of 10 have been edges. With around 6 being taken by the Spinners each time. Could get them all out in less than 50 overs.

Second, the tendency of the Batsmen to go down the track against the spinners. This is the issue which leads to the first issue at times. Every 2-3 out of 6 balls the batsmen go down the track against the spinners which leads to edges.

At the moment it's too easy to pick wickets against even the Top teams like Australia, England at Veteran Difficulty.

Another issue is that balls have been turning square even on Grassy Pristine pitches, from Over number 15 or so(That's when I brought on the spinners :P ). This may be the reason why so many Wickets are coming from Spinners.

I believe some other users are also playing Test Matches only. Would like to hear their thoughts on my suggestions. @Langeveldt @WealeyH
Are you using semi automatic fielding? I think its not just the amount of edges which is great but that many of the catches are too easy to take or too easy for ai to take when fullaoutmatic fielding applies...thoughts?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMG_7793.JPG

Strange....

Genuinely couldn't buy a wicket last night as Warner dispatched me to all parts on his way to a century.

Spinners for me are almost useless on a green top, hardly turns!

Scorecard is my test so far in a tricky old deck!

Also and again no way am I calling you a list but in both innings that aI has not come down the wicket once haha

D

Deleted member 46200

View attachment 187526

Strange....

Genuinely couldn't buy a wicket last night as Warner dispatched me to all parts on his way to a century.

Spinners for me are almost useless on a green top, hardly turns!

Scorecard is my test so far in a tricky old deck!
This for me speaks of pitch management very probably in the new game don't think it can be patched in but it would be good to create a fast pitch just for your quicks...? Away the tables will be turned you'd have to read the pitch and then make selection accordingly.

jaym

Club Cricketer

Yeah I forget to mention these 2 problems I faced the same issues when I was playing my Test Match the batting side went from 125/3 before the yesterday's update to 170/10 with 6 edges and 1 catch after the yesterday's update and I bowled with my spinners

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

I think edges are currently okay with the current build, on veteran (mind you I have only played one session).

I would just like to see some more bowled and LBW (still) to balance out the caught dismissals.

I don't notice them coming down the track a lot. Are you playing with the latest build?

I currently have England 113/1, so will post a scorecard at the end of the innings when I have learned a bit more. I guess they won't be releasing any new builds over the weekend?

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you using semi automatic fielding? I think its not just the amount of edges which is great but that many of the catches are too easy to take or too easy for ai to take when fullaoutmatic fielding applies...thoughts?

Yes I am using Semi Automatic Fielding. Yet to miss a catch though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread