NFL Mafia - End Game - Town and Manly win

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would rather have him target Manly or Colin than Hedger.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
He's a voyeur, not a watcher!!! There are no uncomfirmed visiting night roles in the game so we won't learn anything. At least he'll get a clear on me tonight.

Why is it that nobody pays attention. No wonder you think me as mafia. I've got to say, one of the worst town's I've ever played with.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Night 4

So far he had learnt nothing. He had been unlucky with his targets but was hoping for a change in luck tonight. His target was a quiet guy. He didn't even know whether he'd be there but had a hunch someone would be after him. Unfortunately, nothing happened and he went back to his room disappointed. Things were to only get worse...

-------

It was time to meet his source again. He needed more valuable information to help his side out. However, someone had other plans, smashing a bottle on top of his head knocking him cold out. There was no way he was going to do anything tonight.

-------

Last night he had made a poor decision and was hoping to rectify it. His target was someone he had previously visited. Once again he was not in need of saving, and once again someone else was.

-------

Having used his previous ability for the final time earlier in the night, he moved onto more important matters. His target could become fatal to his plans and he needed to be dealt with. He waited in his room for him to come back before firing three rounds into his body from close range. The target had no idea what had hit him, as he slumped dead across the floor. The man was RPHKR.

RPHKR was:

image.jpg

You are Troy Polamalu, Voyeur, Town-aligned. Known for your long hair and big play capability, you are one of the best Linebackers in the NFL. You have great vision, making you the Voyeur. You can target a player each night and learn what roles, if any, were used on them. However, you will not know which player has targeted them.

You win when town win, if you survive to the very end.

It is now Day 5. With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Varun - Cheater - confirmed
Manly - Lone Wolf
barmyarmy - Actor
MaD - Paranoid Gun Owner - confirmed
Hedger - Commuter
Themer - Bodyguard - confirmed

Manly could easily be lying here, as could Colin, he's a smart player and may have planned to claim Actor from the beginning.
Hedger is giving me town vibes but he could easily be mafia, since their is no mention of his role in the writeups.

Themer and Varun, we need to lynch really carefully...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Having used his previous ability for the final time earlier in the night, he moved onto more important matters. His target could become fatal to his plans and he needed to be dealt with. He waited in his room for him to come back before firing three rounds into his body from close range. The target had no idea what had hit him, as he slumped dead across the floor. The man was RPHKR.

All I can say is that this paragraph could sort of clear me. RPHKR was fatal to the mafia plans because if he completed his role, then I would be clear and the mafia would lose.

Anyway, not every role is mentioned in the writeup. I knew I did it with the healer/poisoner in my Conspiracy365 game which misled the town somewhat and I think Haari had planned to do it in his EPL game but I was away for most of it so I can't remember whether he did. The writeups nearly always help the town so by not mentioning some roles in it, then towards the end of the game, the game will be closer.

Anyway, mafia can always plan fake claims ahead of time, especially smart mafia, as I did myself in the EPL mafia. Even though I haven't found barmy overly suspicious most of this game, he could have easily have planned to claim actor and make sure he hammers on every opportunity (I don't actually know whether he has but I think if he has - I know he hammered the no lynch Day 1 - then I find that very scummy).

So it's up to you's who you lynch. I think Manly's a safe bet today. The only problem with lynching Manly though is that another town will die tonight, which seems like Themer atm considering he will bodyguard Varun and MaD can't be targeted at night.

Anyway, I'm getting really tired of defending myself. I've said pretty much all that's possible in my defence and if you's lynch me, that's your fault and I will congratulate the mafia on their win.

----------

Actually, he hasn't hammered the last two days, which I find all the more suspicious. I think he felt like if he hammered who he could early on, he'd be more believable when he claimed and now that he's claimed, he's just stopped bothering trying to hammer and hopes he is clear.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
There's bound to be 2 more mafia left since Varun was roleblocked.

Lynch: Barmyarmy

He hasn't really been playing his usual games, I haven't really taken note of him much but his posts seem to be little or no help. Usually he tables statistics and the likes but this game, nothing.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There's bound to be 2 more mafia left since Varun was roleblocked.

Lynch: Barmyarmy

He hasn't really been playing his usual games, I haven't really taken note of him much but his posts seem to be little or no help. Usually he tables statistics and the likes but this game, nothing.

I've only done stats for the really big games in the past to make it easier to keep track. This is only a 12 person.

I'm a bit confused about hedger. He's either been very clever or he's been setup. At the moment I'm more inclined to go for Manly but I might be wrong.
As for how many mafia left, as I said before, I don't see there being 4 in a 12 person game so I reckon there is only one left. There have been games in the past where the remaining mafia gets his original role and the kill.

Just to offer a couple of things to think about as well, look at the characters. I don't know much about NFL but Hines Ward fits the bill as the Actor whereas I'm not sure whether Ricky Williams does as commuter. Manly has been very vauge about his claim and stayed under the radar. He's claimed "Haynesworth" (Albert Haynesworth I take it) which could just as easily be mafia as lone wolf. I want to hear a lot more from Manly.

FOS: Manly

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok, I think we lynch Manly today. There's a chance that there might be no individuals in this game so we may as well lynch him and if he's mafia, then game over, if he's not, then barmy is the final mafia.

And while I agree I'm clever :p, the mafia have had no choice but to set me up. They need an unconfirmed townie to go to lylo/mylo with so then hopefully the town make the wrong decision. I really hope the mafia can't kill/roleblock on the same night.

Lynch: Manly

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
He may have suckered me in but I believe barmy. It would have been quite elaborate for him to have decided from the beginning and follow that through the game but his character claim is also very solid.

I still don't like you claim Hedger.

Lynch : Hedger

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
His target could become fatal to his plans and he needed to be dealt with.

Hedger is the only one who RPKHR could have been potentially fatal to. I don't see how we can lynch anyone other than him.

How could RPKHR be fatal to anyone else when he only watches what happens to that person at night? We know he was watching Hedger last night. He could have been potentially fatal as he couldn't have been able to complete his role. Who is the person with the dodgiest claim? Hedger, his claimed person doesn't even remotely look town or a commuter. Who hasn't been mentioned in any of the write ups? Hedger and Barmy. Who has a role which is completely conventional in comparison to everyone elses? Hedger.

There's a running theme there.

----------

as he would have been able to complete his role thus disproving Hedger's claim*

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm in two minds between Manly and Hedger. Themer has made a very good point about Hedger, and I remember how he became aggressive when I confused RPHKR's role with the tracker and asked him to track Barmy/Manly. As if he wanted him to target him so as to clear himself.....

Manly is simply the odd one out, and the safest bet.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Manly is simply the odd one out, and the safest bet.

I think its time to risk it. Regardless I didn't protect you last night so you're safe for tonight at least. Last night I protected Barmy again as I presumed that there was a chance that the mafia (Hedger) wouldn't go after you and I wanted to see if we'd get any info from the write up to prove Barmy wasn't lying, alas there was none.

Now we're sitting pretty though as I can protect you tonight if Hedger isn't lying so you can check out Barmy or Manly and as mentioned by the write up the mafia no longer have the roleblock:

Having used his previous ability for the final time earlier in the night

So tonight I'll die but town'll win.

Users who are viewing this thread