3rd Match: South Africa vs. New Zealand (Group B)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
When McCullum defends he looks so horrible, it's like watching a number 9-10 test batsmen defend. He needs to just swing from the get go, honestly he's just not a good enough batsmen to bat 30+ overs. That should be Ryder's job.

irottev

School Cricketer
Take the powerplay now. 2 set batsmen. It'll force the spinners to bowl later on, plus the ball will be harder. Perfect time to take it. We need more runs. 250ish will be too easy for SA.

McCullum needs to take a look at what Dilshan is doing. McCullum used to bat in that fashion. He arguably more skill and definitely more power. It's all mental. Atm Dilshan feels invincible and plays with freedom and McCullum feels pressure, doubt and lacks confidence.

Elliot is awesome. He does such a good job in the middle overs. We need Taylor to attack more.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Average alert, Elliott's average has gone back past 50 :D

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm surprised Taylor's batting so slowly. Normally he would of tried something agricultural by now and either up his strike rate or end up getting out...
Good to see some boundaries by Elliot and I agree that we need to take power play now if we want to have a chance at setting a good total.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Taylor to get out to Van de Merwe here, bowled ;)

irottev

School Cricketer
Powerplay now please. only 3 down. It's time to up the rate. Plus it means either spinners bowl in powerplays or they have to bowl at the death.

edit: See, we shoulda taken powerplay. Now we lost 2 wickets because we let the spinners bowl out. Idiots. Make me the coach/captain/whatever. I'll do a better job then these losers.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
That didn't bounce at all.

And watch out South Africa, the biggest hitter in NZC is about to enter.

Howsie added 8 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Probably the best time to take the powerplay, Taylor will get out and we will be stuck with Vettori and Hopkins grrrrrrrrr :sarcasm

Ari

International Cricketer
I just hope South Africa collapse under the pressure of this being a must win game for them.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
For the love of god, why has Mills come out in front of Vettori. We need to get Taylor on strike.

Idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread