Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Just restarted my ashes series as England with the new patch. I'm bowling on a soft, dry, pristine and heavy cracked pitch on legend

First impressions

- new legside shots are very impressive, nice little flicks into the gaps which means bowling spin is much more enjoyable and harder to contain the AI

- shot power has been significantly nerfed, after 10 overs I had one boundary scored against me (that weird front front half drive over the slips). This is slightly annoying because one of the best things about this game compared to DB17 was you were actually punished by drives and good ground shots - while now they trickle for 1s and 2s. I've now put shot power up to 70 which has significantly improved the contest between bat and ball

- fielders are actually on the boundary

- AI are still mistiming the hook shot (I've never been hooked along the ground for 4 in the game) and this gave me my only wicket so far - but it did feel realistic.

- Had one run out bug where the striker stays where he is - which I restarted. The AI isn't the best at taking singles, but I don't mind this - it would so difficult to make AI run like real life international batsman

- A few plays and misses - no nicks yet but it definitely is a batting day so it's fair enough - and it's on legend as well so it's gonna be tough to get any

So the overall state of play is Aus on 101-1 off 34 overs - Overall it's a great game that has improved but I cant really form too much of an opinion until ive played a couple of tests

I currently have no idea how I'm gonna take a wicket - and I love that - the difficulty is the way the game should be played!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another graphical issue I noticed in day/night test matches. It was the last session and expected the lights to of taken effect etc but nothing happened until I saved the game and went back into it. It was then night time and lights were on, the weather also had changed to cloudy!

riteshagl

County Cricketer
The easy six hitting is still there. It has been improved then earlier but not as much. Playing on legend hard.
Grassy and soft pitch. See video

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Still invert batting is not working for multiplayer for the broadcast camera... its working for single player.. pls solve this issue for multiplayer

Interesting. I've not yet played multiplayer, but play a lot of it with Friends, though it's not Friday yet, so haven't tried it. I found prior to this patch that it was primarily (but not only) the backwards of point shots that were playing inverted (single and multiplayer) and for me they still are quite a few times (even in single player).

So, are you finding this for all directions of shots or some more than others?

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The easy six hitting is still there. It has been improved then earlier but not as much. Playing on legend hard.
Grassy and soft pitch.

Are you playing with any modifiers on? That just looks too easy for legend. Can't say I have a similar experience though.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Still invert batting is not working for multiplayer for the broadcast camera... its working for single player.. pls solve this issue for multiplayer
I would suggest you to please post this in new Bug thread for visibility. Add a video if possible.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I would suggest you to please post this in new Bug thread for visibility. Add a video if possible.
Also if this is not working, I wonder how Bigant manage to get these videos from real Aussie players with co-op play in broadcast mode?

Last edited:

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So AI not taking singles issue is resolved or not?

Rhone

International Cricketer
Anyone tried altering the ball ariel display marker while batting? Does changing this still make batting impossible?

sajeednp

Club Captain
Also if this is not working, I wonder how Bigant manage to get these videos from real Aussie players with co-op play in broadcast mode?

Sure i will add video.. problem happens when 2 players play for one team.. earlier also i posted about this issue.. if both are batting, when we move towards right the batsman play towards left not on the correct direction..

sajeednp

Club Captain
Interesting. I've not yet played multiplayer, but play a lot of it with Friends, though it's not Friday yet, so haven't tried it. I found prior to this patch that it was primarily (but not only) the backwards of point shots that were playing inverted (single and multiplayer) and for me they still are quite a few times (even in single player).

So, are you finding this for all directions of shots or some more than others?
In simple i can say if 2 players play as a team invert batting is not working for the broadcast camera.. request you to try this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread