Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Codies should have announced earlier or they shouldnt have provided us with the date of press conference. Coz agony of waiting is killing us all:D:D Graphics looks awwwweeessssooomeee.... I am not worried bout the system specs coz my beast can handle Crysis at Max setting butter smooth.... So bring it on codies, I want a really awesome looking game with gr8 gameplay.. Unlicenced teams doesnt matter. as long as i have great eye candy + Gameplay;)

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Ashes was first revealed on Gamespot earlier today, and is set to follow-up the firm’s hugely successful Brian Lara series. The title is fully licensed by cricketing bodies ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), the MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club) and Cricket Australia, and features all official players, kit and stadia.

The latest news from the gaming industry brought to you by MCV | MCV

Seems to be fully licensed I guess?

Last edited:

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ashes was first revealed on Gamespot earlier today, and is set to follow-up the firm?s hugely successful Brian Lara series. The title is fully licensed by cricketing bodies ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), the MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club) and Cricket Australia, and features all official players, kit and stadia.

The latest news from the gaming industry brought to you by MCV | MCV

Seems to be fully licensed I guess?

As it says, fully licensed by ECB, MCC and CA - which means accurate Australia and England squads, kits, likenesses and stadia. They do not seem to have licenses for any other international team.

Though the link you posted is clear enough in what is licensed, I've seen some coverage which seems to suggest they have "fully licensed international teams". That's just over-excitement and mis-interpretation on the part of the reporting website IMHO.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
T20 WC is an EA thing.

Really? Thats sad. I would have loved to have a T20 WC in Ashes 2009, like CT and WC in BLIC 2007 :) Although that sucked, it would be great to have real squads, groups, kits and realistic T20 gameplay :spy

Huegel

School Cricketer
Thanks for the MCV link. It's nice to read something concrete.

I actually hadn't heard anything about this new game until I returned to PC.net after a bit of a hiatus.
It's good to know I don't have too long to wait for a new cricket game, and what's more, it actually looks like it might have some legs as well.

Will be eagerly following this thread now.

:cheers

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmm there is a wii edition later in the year. I am thinking of getting Wii.This game might make be to buy it.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I only hope there is some news regarding AI in official announcement today. I am eagerly waiting for it sitting in my office. Mondays are so boring but this monday can turn out to be very interesting indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread