Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters

ajdude

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So looking at the screenshots, we have Hussey and Ponting, Haddin, Clarke and Katich (it's Clarke and not Hughes because of the Slazenger kit), Clarke (great facial expressions and more proof that it's not Hughes, as he's a righty) then you have Ponting for the next couple.

Absolutely loving it, the crowd detail, the security (alot better than the cardboard cutouts of Cricket 07), the MCG scoreboard (looks EXACTLY like the real one), the advertising (from what I can see, Commonwealth Bank, cricket.com.au/Cricket Australia, Milo, Ford Mondeo, TransMISSION, KFC, Adidas, Fly Emirates and Codies themselves) and out of everything, the "Hit it to me" target sign, they need to incorporate Mirror's Edge like cloth physics using PhysX, that'd be awesome; or not. :p To be honest, I don't care if the gameplay's terrible or not, haha, I've always wanted a cricket game with amazing graphics and a Channel Nine overlay. Nah, of course I want good gameplay, just hopefully they don't make it as arcadey as their previous titles.

Maximum

School Cricketer
They must have a cloth simulation of some type - take a look at the wrinkles on the shirts. They are different in each screenshot!
You're right...that's bang on the mark for the MCG. Let's hope the international stadiums have as much detail as the local ones (the developers are in Melbourne right?).

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Any news on a release date...or is it all up in the air at the moment?

Screenshots look great but I'm not getting my hopes/expectations up to high, just have to wait until Monday or the supposed official announcement.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Looks immense, doesn't it!? They even have the scoreboard right! Only thing I hate about these games is that they don't have seats and they're just standing and dancing around like Indian crowds.
The level of detail is incredible, the scoreboard looks identical to the real one, and you can see the stairs in each top deck bay. It's amazing. I'll buy the game just for that.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
The level of detail is incredible, the scoreboard looks identical to the real one, and you can see the stairs in each top deck bay. It's amazing. I'll buy the game just for that.

Yep...definately.

Will this game be what we have been waiting for?

As Cricket fans we have been starved of a quality Cricket game, will this be the food that will end the hunger and wet our appetites?

ajdude

International Coach
lol they even got Ricky Pontings super hairy arms

I salute you, my good sir, for that is the best comment I have ever read. I don't know why, but I pissed myself laughing when I read that, because it's actually true. So I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like a gremlin/gorilla hybrid?

The detail in Haddin's shirt is fantastic, all of those...little holes (I can't quite remember the name of them, but it's something that Adidas does for ventilation) are amazing.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Yep...definately.

Will this game be what we have been waiting for?

As Cricket fans we have been starved of a quality Cricket game, will this be the food that will end the hunger and wet our appetites?
I doubt it. Might be better than RPIC 05/07, but I doubt it'll be the 'realistic' game we've all been waiting for. Hopefully it's still good fun though.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
I doubt it. Might be better than RPIC 05/07, but I doubt it'll be the 'realistic' game we've all been waiting for. Hopefully it's still good fun though.

I guess this will be an BLIC 05 with improved levels of control!
He said people who arent familiar with cricket can go through the legends mode(coaching mode) so that they can pick it up and start playing the game.

Doesnt this sound arcadish??;)

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
I'm gonna make a thread to remind us all of the gameplay positives and negatives from BLIC 07,

Can you reply if you have any ideas

coolz_hari

International Coach
I really want this game to be perfect because if this game fails then I am certain there will be no future cricket game from codemasters

fk915

Club Cricketer
may be this game will refresh the old Brian lara memories !

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Can someone meake this clear. The Developer said they are using the BICL 07 Engine, then he said that they have made the game from scratch..:rolleyes: Contradicting statements;);)... Anyway i was happy with some smaller things that he mentioned Like:
*There will be music in T20 after the 4,6 or wicket...(This comment by him increased my hopes of seeing cheerleaders in the game,,, Plz codeies, some high quality cheerleaders for a Special Adult edition of game:banana2:banana2)

* Different kinds of crowd, like during test matches at lords, the stadium would be slightly empty at start and fills up during the lunch time..

*Did anyone of you noticed the security gaurds in the screenshots behinds rope??? I know it is small thing but adds to the atmosphere.

*Finally choice of Backfoot shot and frontfoot shot in a codies cricket game....

P.S: I am keping my fingers crossed for today's announcement. I hope they release a gameplay trailer and a demo today:upray:upray:upray

Users who are viewing this thread