Puddle Mafia 02 - Game over - Sedition wins - 3rd Party Win

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ballsed that up there. Was in a bit of a rush when I claimed and I really had to at the time hence the mistakes.

Still enjoyable game.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Not surprised.

I don't know how much of the game is left PD, but something's come up and I won't be able to stay much active. I'll try my best, but if there's a twist in the tale, then it might be worth replacing me with BKB.

Sorry.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Day 4

He hated the burning sun. The onset of the persistent cloud cover had given him shelter during day. Tonight however, he was hidden no more. The mafia knew he could give them the numerical supremacy to control the town. Tonight he was approached by all those that also worked in the shadows. He agreed to turn his attentions towards the nefarious goals of his first visitor, but little did he know he was already destined for the light of death. As he returned to his crypt a new man, he only felt the wooden stake pierce his empty chest as he evaporated into dust faster than he had abandoned the path of righteousness.

Papa Smurf is dead. He was Saulus the Vampire, Mafia Aligned.

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Haha :lol Lucky the temptation to convert was too great. Targeting me or Zhuorb would've won you the game Varun :p

Unless Zhuorb is the GF cop and thought I was shooting Varun?

ved_

International Coach
This is surprising. I don't believe Varun will kill Papa Smurf. Sedition didnt shoot or maybe he shot Smurf. Too confusing. I had marked Sedition as town but this thing confuses me. Maybe he tweaked up with the vig claim? Maybe he is vig?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Obviously I shot Smurf, otherwise he wouldn't be dead. He would have converted and stayed alive if I was GF or shot Varun.

Maybe it was you then Zhuorb and we don't have a cop? If I shot Varun and you converted Smurf, it was game over.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hadn't expected this at all. Was rather sure Sedition was mafia and he would convert Papa Smurf and it'd be endgame, but the happenings of the night have left me confused. Sedition now has to be a vigilante, unless something extremely 'twisted' has happened. So is it Zhuorb then? It's tough to imagine it but with his activity after he was confirmed as a cop, it is quite possible that he became content that he would win, and never bothered to post much. His 'analyses' never came. But what does that mean about him being the cop? Role cop possibly, but wouldn't that be overpowered?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Doesn't seem too overpowered for him to be rolecop, given that the Vampire claim was actually true and we had tracker, doctor and vigilante. The normal vig is also known as a dirty cop, and the "overtime" thing must be a reference to being overeager I think.

Have to admit that I kinda thought Smurf's claim was too convenient since he was first to mention vampire, before he even knew that it actually existed, and then ended up with it.

But then if it was true, Zhuorb targets Smurf to convert, thinking I'll pick off Varun for him, or Varun making a last ditch effort to convert Smurf before dying.

ved_

International Coach
This stuff confuses the fearsome tweak out of me. What the ---- is the vampire role? Can he be converted or something?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I guess we're going to have to wait another 36 hours before Zhuorb posts again. Definitely starting to look more suspicious now, but then I'm not sold on you either Varun. The timing of your vanilla claim was pretty bad, and was surprised that you would make that mistake if you were actually town.

Zhuorb telling me to shoot Varun, when Smurf was either GF or was going to be converted, is strange too. Neither of you have been particularly helpful at all really.

----------

Well there he is.. So you didn't even take the Vampire role into consideration Zhuorb? No idea what it's function even is? and I'm supposed to believe your town now?

PD said all the roles are from http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

Go to antagonistic, and that vampirey looking image there, is Saulus.

He's town until targeted by the mafia, then no kill occurs, this is obviously key, and he becomes mafia. Therefore either you or Varun targeted Smurf and converted him, then I shot him.

ved_

International Coach
Bleh. Before I overthink, let me just vote.
Lynch:Varun
In the end, Sedition has seemed more convincing than Varun.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I haven't been helpful, particularly in the latter half of the game, because there's little I can do. At this point of time I simply don't have anything in my defense. And it's difficult to trust any of you, not even Zhuorb now that it's not been endgame after Night 3 which I expected. Yes, as a Vanilla Townie I should focus more on analysis independent of roles, but it is clear now roles/roleclaims cannot be ignored in this game. Still, I'll try to go back, and analyze both of your gameplay without considering your purported roles.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Well the lynch on Varun was expected, albeit a bit late. If you really weren't paying attention to the Saulus thing, even though it was brought up on day 1 and has been mentioned in write-ups, I don't know what to think.

Varun

ICC Board Member
1. Previous game
2. Mafia GF, "past pretenders" suggests it.
3. Doctor? I don't recall there being a doctor in puddleduck's last game.
4. Cop
5. Governor?
6. Vampire seems a good explanation.

Apart from all that,
Lynch:yoki

This stuff confuses the kerpluck out of me. What the ---- is the vampire role? Can he be converted or something?

I would assume you'd know what the Vampire role was supposed to do when you said it was a good explanation, Zhuorb. Are you trying to act extremely perplexed now, so that you might gain the advantage?

----------

Yes, it seems so. That post of yours is completely contradicts what you've just said.

Lynch: Zhuorb.

----------

*yours completely contradicts what you've just said.

Users who are viewing this thread