South Africa tour of Australia (November 2016)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
The End of Voges!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Abbott is absolutely brilliant. It is amazing how he takes wickets day in and day out. With due respect, prolly this is the time for Steyn and Morne to hang up their shoes in Test Cricket. Abbott, Rabada and Philander have done more than enough to take their place. Also, they have Viljoen is breathing down their neck and then there is Dane Paterson.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Abbott is absolutely brilliant. It is amazing how he takes wickets day in and day out. With due respect, prolly this is the time for Steyn and Morne to hang up their shoes in Test Cricket. Abbott, Rabada and Philander have done more than enough to take their place. Also, they have Viljoen is breathing down their neck and then there is Dane Paterson.

Abbott is good, but I think his growth was impacted by not getting an extended run in the South African team. Hopefully he now stays in the test team, and gets even better.

Duanne Olivier could be a good prospect for the future. :)

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Abbott is good, but I think his growth was impacted by not getting an extended run in the South African team. Hopefully he now stays in the test team, and gets even better.

Duanne Olivier could be a good prospect for the future. :)
What is even better for SA is that Cook, though very early in his career decides to retire (he is 33 ATM), there are players like Rudi Second and Keaton Jennings (if he does not go on to play for England) are two of the brightest prospects who can easily replace him. With Amla's reflexes getting a little slower (that is what I noticed in the last match) Theunis de Bruyn can be given a shot in future unless there is someone else more worthy to take up the place.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What is even better for SA is that Cook, though very early in his career decides to retire (he is 33 ATM), there are players like Rudi Second and Keaton Jennings (if he does not go on to play for England) are two of the brightest prospects who can easily replace him. With Amla's reflexes getting a little slower (that is what I noticed in the last match) Theunis de Bruyn can be given a shot in future unless there is someone else more worthy to take up the place.

Rudi second isn't good enough for SA and I can't see Keaton playing SA. Players like Ramela and de Bruyn will be given a shot and we also have Rossouw and Imraan Kahn, Heino Kuhn and Stiaan van Zyl in the domestic circuit.

But yea Abbott is great and with Viljoen, de Lange, Paterson and Olivier (who I'm really impressed with) our bowling stock is immense.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Rudi second isn't good enough for SA and I can't see Keaton playing SA. Players like Ramela and de Bruyn will be given a shot and we also have Rossouw and Imraan Kahn, Heino Kuhn and Stiaan van Zyl in the domestic circuit.

But yea Abbott is great and with Viljoen, de Lange, Paterson and Olivier (who I'm really impressed with) our bowling stock is immense.
Kuhn and Khan are older guys now. It would be better if SA go for someone younger. Rudi has almost always been amongst the runs so I thought that he might the guy. Ramela averages 30. Quota?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Darren Lehmann (coach) and Steven Smith (captain) are maybe under the knife.
I think Australia is also having some technical problems in the team.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Kuhn and Khan are older guys now. It would be better if SA go for someone younger. Rudi has almost always been amongst the runs so I thought that he might the guy. Ramela averages 30. Quota?

I agree Kahn and Kuhn are older but they are the best we've got. Rudi Second is alright but he doesn't scream international quality. Ramela (as far as I heard) had a terrible start to his FC career but has recently rebuilt his technique and has been scoring tons of runs for the Cobras.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Australia is also having some technical problems in the team

Technical as in ability of the batsmen to handle non-batting-friendly conditions being questioned?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Technical as in ability of the batsmen to handle non-batting-friendly conditions being questioned?
Yes. I am talking about performance of batsmen in non-friendly batting conditions.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
The lack of a third bowler to complement Starc and Hazlewood is badly hurting Australia. Mennie isn't international standard (yet) and Lyon is distinctly average. Worse even, most of the upcoming fast bowlers don't look like they can run through sides with their pace/movement, rather relying on consistency. Worrying times.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
The lack of a third bowler to complement Starc and Hazlewood is badly hurting Australia. Mennie isn't international standard (yet) and Lyon is distinctly average. Worse even, most of the upcoming fast bowlers don't look like they can run through sides with their pace/movement, rather relying on consistency. Worrying times.

We have got Bird who was dropped because he can't bat! while Cummins and Pattinson fitness is a very big issue for us!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Darren Lehmann (coach) and Steven Smith (captain) are maybe under the knife.
I think Australia is also having some technical problems in the team.
Smith will be fine :) but Lehmann surely (Langer is waiting!)

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
We have got Bird who was dropped because he can't bat! while Cummins and Pattinson fitness is a very big issue for us!
Bird is good but even he's primarily a line-and-length 130 kmph bowler. If conditions aren't ideal, he can be picked apart easily. Bringing back Cummins and Pattinson seems to be the way forward, even though both are made of glass.

Users who are viewing this thread