West Indies tour of Pakistan

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Octavius said:
wow where was this Kaneria in England?
He's always this good at home. Remember him last year against England? Away, he's been pretty decent in West Indies and India, just bad form in England I guess.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Getting carted after suffering the rather unfortunate circumstances of being the last of Warne, Murali and himself to try and take on the England batsman in England. A good bowler he is, and certainly talented, but in the company of those two he still has a long way to go ;)

nightprowler10

Executive member
Oh I agree that he has a long way to go. I have always believed he has the right stuff to get there, but his problem is that he gets in way over head when he starts taking wickets.

Ramdin goes and Lara is once again disgusted at the shot selection.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
He's always this good at home. Remember him last year against England? Away, he's been pretty decent in West Indies and India, just bad form in England I guess.

hehe yes i know all too well i had him as my captain in the england series (i think) because of my perceived weakness of England against spin.

well hes certainly going to reap the rewards on this track!

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Kaneria was impressive when Pakistan toured Australia in 2004/05...was their best bowler on that tour imo.

anyway interseting to see Denesh Ramdin back.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Ramdin hasnt made a good comeback to the team after that shot! 6 down at lunch :O, oh well i think i might get to see the Paki boys bat today

nightprowler10

Executive member
genghis_khan said:
Kaneria was impressive when Pakistan toured Australia in 2004/05...was their best bowler on that tour imo.
I thought Akhtar was our best on that tour tbh. Anyway, I'm hoping for a 5-fer for Nazir. I wonder if that'd a record, getting a 5-fer after 10 years passed since his first one.

kodos

International Coach
genghis_khan said:

anyway interseting to see Denesh Ramdin back.

I don't think Ramdin was dropped at all. WI only select him for test matches now and they use Baugh for the ODI's.

Lara still in and really only the tail left. Can Lara once again steer the Windies out of trouble? Just looking at the scorecard Gayle once again looked good scoring 34 off only 28 deliveries.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
kodos said:
I don't think Ramdin was dropped at all. WI only select him for test matches now and they use Baugh for the ODI's.

Lara still in and really only the tail left. Can Lara once again steer the Windies out of trouble? Just looking at the scorecard Gayle once again looked good scoring 34 off only 28 deliveries.

Yes Gayle looked in great touch carrying on from the Champions Trophy, he was playing very straight and looking great for a bigf scoree til...well read back and you will see me complaining about the decision. :cheers

nightprowler10 said:
Yup, here's his debut.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63722.html

Didn't do much after that and was dropped till England.

Wasim Akram not out 257 490 363 22 12 70.79 wow!

i remember that match now

boy hes been around as long as anyone :hpraise

dare i say it, Lara and Mohammed are building a partnership, can they make it to tea?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yep added 320 odd runs with Saqlain of which Saqlain added 79!

Octavius

Club Cricketer
was that the fastest 200 at the time?

im going to make a prediction

Lara to get a really big hundred here, supported by the tail

lets see how it goes lol

nightprowler10

Executive member
Octavius said:
im going to make a prediction

Lara to get a really big hundred here, supported by the tail

lets see how it goes lol
Similar to my prediction at another thread. Lara to get his 100 and then get out to Kaneria.

Octavius said:
was that the fastest 200 at the time?
No, but I believe he still holds the record for the most sixes in a test inning.

Users who are viewing this thread