Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not anymore they're not. "Product temporarily removed from sale". It'll be a placeholder date, and a predicted price. I'd expect that to change when the press release is made.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seems to look decent, am liking the idea of 4 player co-op just hope that the AI are decent if they are it should be a decentish game.

Highlander999

ICC President
Yep, I am actually pretty excited about this. As I said in the staff forum, I feel that EA 09 is catered towards the Asian market and 20/20, whilst Codies have developed this more for the Aussies/Brits and Test cricket

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just so long as we don't get Test run rates of over 7, the run out bug and LBW's are actually possible I will be happy. I'll buy it anyway tbh, been looking forward to getting a new cricket game on 360 for ages.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
That first impressions link seems very interesting it would seem to suggest it has been built from scratch.

Transmission has completely rebuilt the franchise's engine from scratch

As I said early I think this could be a decent game, I think it'll be better than EA's Cricket game this year anyway.

brettLee

International Cricketer
yup mods...and also some exciting features...
july?

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm going to get this for my PS3. It looks like a really good all round game atm :)

zub2005

International Coach
It says in the preview that it will be out in June... Really looking forward to it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It says in the preview that it will be out in June... Really looking forward to it.
I still expect 3rd July, GameSpot's game information page states July and GAME lists 3rd as the release date. It would make sense, the Friday before the Ashes starts.

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Absolutely fantastic find, this. Pure gold when any official information has been so hard to come by. What I'm excited about:

• Official confirmation this is on the PS3. Have been waiting a little too long!
  • Front/Back foot selection. IMHO, this was the biggest contributor to what made the previous version "arcady"
  • June release date
  • Codies' willingness to actively engage the very community it is targeting, rather than unnecessary banter about a dog and 4 men watching a local cricket game

Honestly, I couldn't care less about things like player likeness, rosters, stadia, commentary team etc. IF the underlying gameplay is solid. Everything else is gravy.

Looking forward.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
The graphics look about fine to me, if they can couple it with some good gameplay they're more than enough. The DOF effects look nice, just need to fix that frigging framerate stutter issue codies. :mad:

The screenshots are pretty poorly anti aliased, I'd be interested to see how they look when applied some good 8x AA along with Ambient Occlusion, would definitely make it look far better than the consoles. Bring it on baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread